Kerala - Apply for Widow Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for Widow Certificate, you have to approach the Revenue department.
- To know the contact details click on the following link : Contact link
- You can approach the revenue department authorities for form or write it on the A4 sheet.
- Make sure that you are eligible to apply for Widow Certificate by checking the Eligibility criteria provided under “Eligibility” Section of this page.
- Attach all the Required Documents as mentioned in the Required Documents section along with the form.
- Fill the form with all the necessary details and Submit the form to the concerned officer In-charge in the Revenue Department.
- Pay the appropriate as quoted by the authorities.
- The will provide an acknowledgement receipt. keep it safely for your Future Reference.
- You will get the Notification as soon as the Certificate get’s ready.
- Now you can go to the office and collect the Widow Certificate.
Apply Online through Akshaya centers:
- To apply for Widow certificate online, go to Akshaya Service Centre nearby.
- Officers Contact : Contact link
- Service Center nearby : Akshaya centers Link
- The applicant has to put an application request for widow certificate online with the help of Akshaya Centre.
- Submit all required documents in online.
- Once the application, along with all required documents, has been submitted, it will be forwarded to the department.
- The applicant will get an SMS to the registered mobile number. They can find the application number in this SMS. Keep it safe for future Reference.
- Concerned will process the Widow certificate request.
- After successful verification, the Widow certificate will be issued by signing it.
- If the applicant gets an SMS regarding application approved message, the certificate is ready for download.
- Again visit Akshaya centre, and then download the certificate by providing the application number.
- Get a printed copy of the signed widow certificate. It can be used for applying for home loans.
- Applicant Photo
- Ration Card/ Address Proof
- Death Certificate of Husband
- Marriage Registration certificate or any other documents to prove marriage
- Self Declaration of Applicant
- Other Documents
Required documents through Akshaya centers:
- Aadhaar Card
- Voters ID
- Ration Card
- Death certificate of the deceased
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
- A woman who has lost her spouse by death and has not married again.
- As authorities quote.
- It is valid forever.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- It takes 7 to 20 days.
Akshaya centers :
- It takes 5 days from the date of application
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- An applicant can apply for the Widow Certificate provided she is having a unique CAN number.
- If the applicant doesn't have a unique CAN Number, she must register for CAN to access the application form for Widow Certificate.
- User must have valid username and password.
- Make relevant and correct entries only.
- Recheck the entries before clicking on Submit button.
- Mandatory fields cannot be left blank.
- Mandatory/Optional documents should be attached as per requirement.
- Do not make false entries.
- Name of the Widow.
- E-mail Id.
- Phone number.
Need for the Document
- A widow certificate is provided by the state government as a proof to widow women that her husband is not alive.
- A widow certificate is used by many governments or private sector or Health Insurance Bima Policy companies, to provide financial support to the widow woman.
- It is also used to transfer his husband’s property and lands.
- It is also beneficial for availing various types of Pension.
- Widow-Widower Certificate is used to apply for pension services.
Information which might help
- Carry all the necessary documents.
- Make a photocopy of your filled form for future reference.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.