Kerala - Apply for Vehicle Trade Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Apply In-Person :
- To apply for vehicle trade certificate in Kerala the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which his area belongs to.
- Please follow our “Office Locations & Contacts” section of this page to get details of the RTO offices. Link for RTO contacts: Link for contact
- Application form can be downloaded using the following link: Form
- An Application for the grant of a trade certificate shall be made in Form 16. Application form can be obtained from the following link : Link for Form 16
- Applications should be made separately for individual class of vehicles: motor cycle, invalid carriage, light motor vehicle, medium passenger motor vehicle, medium goods vehicle, heavy passenger motor vehicle, heavy goods vehicle, any other motor vehicle of a specified description
- Make sure you have all the necessary documents to process the application
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for applying for this procedure
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices
- Present the completed application forms in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- On receipt of an application in respect of a vehicle, the registering authority may, if satisfied shall assign in respect of each certificate a trade registration mark consisting of the registration mark referred to in notification made under sub-section (6) of section 41 and followed by two letters and a number containing not more than three digits for each vehicle, for example :
- AB - Represent State Code.
- 12 - Registration District Code.
- TC1 - Trade certificate number for the vehicle.
- AB - Represent State Code.
- No applicant for trade certificate shall be refused by the registering authority unless the applicant is given an opportunity of being heard and reasons for such refusal are given in writing.
- Form 16 (application for trade certificate) Link for application : Form 16
- Dealership letter from manufacture or any other appointing letter.
- The map of your workplace.
- PAN number of the trade owner.
- Any valid address proof (such as Voter ID etc. )
- GST Number of your business/firm.
- Documents of your workplace (documents of the place where you run your business or the Rent agreement if your run your business on rent)
- Photographs of your work place.
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
List of all RTO Office Locations in Kerala
Transport Commissionerate, Motor Vehicles Department, Kerala
2nd Floor, Trans Tower, CV Raman Pillai Rd,
DPI, Vazhuthacaud, Thiruvananthapuram,
Phone: 0471 233 3317
Location in Map
Following link will get RTO Contact details: Link for RTO Contact Info
A trader with applicable registration
- Fee related details are provided under the following link: Fees Link
- Fee related details provided under the Parivahan site by Ministry of Road Transport & Highways: Parivahan Fees Details
- RTO Authorities would provide more information on fees
A trade certificate granted or renewed under rule 35 shall be in force for a period of twelve months from the date of issue or renewal there of shall be effective throughout India.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Even though the process can be completed in one day, proper verification and grant of certificate may take one week time.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- Trade certificate is required by the bonafide dealer of a vehicle manufacturer.
- This certificate is issued for different class of vehicles like M/C, LMV, GOODS CARRIER, THREE WHEELER, MOTOR/MAXI CAB
- This certificate is needed for an agency to use the vehicle for test-drive and demo purpose
Information which might help
- The trade certificate shall be carried on a motor vehicle in a weather-proof circular folder and trade registration mark shall be exhibited in a conspicuous place in the vehicle.
- No holder of a trade certificate shall deliver a motor vehicle to a purchaser without registration, whether temporary or permanent.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.