Kerala - Apply for Trade License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant has to submit an application addressed to the Licensing authority of the concerned municipal corporation/municipality where the business is proposed.
- Link for contact details : link
- Go to the respective office.
- Meet the respective authority at the licensing department of the Municipal Corporation / Municipality office. Applicant shall get the advice from the authority to be followed to apply for the respective trade.
- Collect the applicable application form or write on a plain A4 paper as per advice.
- Submit the completed application form along with required document as per our page.
- Authorities will check the submitted application and announce the fees / charges. Please pay and get the receipt.
- This application will be moved to the respective authority of the Zone for field verification of site.
- After field verification, authority will submit verification report before the trade licence committee.
- If the Trade license committee observes that all norms are complied with by the applicant, authorities will issue order to make applicable payment.
- Applicant shall make the payment as advised.
- After all the above steps, applicant gets notification from the department. Please follow the notification to get the license.
- If the Trade license committee observes that all norms are not complied with by the applicant, the application by rejected.
- It is advised to submit additional set of copy of the documents and get counter signed for your safety while applying with government department..
- Visit your nearest or a running trade in your region and consult with them for any latest update requirements.
- Application form
- ID Proof of the Applicant (PAN/DL/Passport/Bank Passbook)
- Address Proof of the Applicant (DL/ Passport/Bank Passbook)
- Passport Photograph (for single owner) or Jt. Photography (for Jt. Owners)
- For Companies/Firms/Societies (Registration Certificate)
- Property Tax up-to-date tax receipt (Commercial --Business --Industrial)
- GST Number
- Letter head
- Aadhaar Card
- Rental agreement if it is a rented place
- Apart from the above listed documents, authorities may ask for additional information or document. Please provide them for smooth processing.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Director of Urban Affairs,
Thiruvananthapuram - 695003
Ph: 0471-2318896, 0471-2325708 (Fax) 9446533341
Contact Link: Link
- Those who are 18 years and above are eligible to apply
- The applicant must not have any criminal records
- Business must be legally permissible.
- Fees structure is different for different states.
- Please pay as authority’s advice at the time of applying.
- Don’t forget to take the receipt for the payment.
- License is valid for 1 financial year or as notified on the license.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
15 days to one month
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M%22 Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Rules and regulations in relation to the issuance of a trade license varies from state to state.
- The fee structure for the issuance of the license differs based on the nature of the business
- The failure to comply with pre-requisites of the trade license can also result in the closure of a business.
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the applicant
- Father's Name
- Aadhaar card
- Mobile number
- email ID
Need for the Document
- No centre shall operate without proper permission and license.
- Apply and obtain this license for a legitimate operation.
Information which might help
- However, the license does not allow the holder to any other trade or business than for it is issued
- Please follow government’s announcement to avoid un-necessary actions for not following the policy.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.