Kerala - Apply for Tourist Vehicle Permit (Jeep/Omni/Car)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for Tourist vehicle permit in Kerala the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which his area belongs to.
- Please follow our “Office Locations & Contacts” section of this page to get details of the RTO offices. Link for RTO contacts: Link for contact
- Application form can be downloaded using the following link: Permit
- Make sure you have completed application for Tourist Vehicle Permit : Permit
- Please make sure you have all the documents that are listed down the “Required Document” section of this page.
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that can be completed and presented with appropriate fees.
- Present the completed application forms in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Important verification’s for the permit includes Vehicle condition, Body built, seating arrangements etc., Will be carried by authorities.
- After checking the vehicle for its correctness and other appropriate requirements the application will be processed further.
Apply through state portal :
- Please use the link : Permit
- Click Apply online next to Fresh Permit
- In the following screen please fill / select prompted details and hit “Submit” to process your application online
Application status online :
- Please use the link : Permit
- Click STA Permit under Application status option
- In the following screen please fill / select prompted details and hit “Search” to process your application online
Apply online :
- Use the following link : Online and select “Permit Online” option under Other online services
- Select Kerala in the drop down menu and click “proceed”
- Please follow the screen and fill in prompted details to process your online procedure
- Upload required documents and take printout of acknowledgement.
- On the appointment date, go to RTO office before 11:30 am and submit the documents. Once you submit and pay the fee, rest of the procedure will happen as per how you apply in person.
- Use the following link : Appointment and select “Appointment” option under Other online services
- Enter the application number as prompted and click “Get user Details” to process online in getting appointment
- Application form : Form
- Registration Certificate of the vehicle.
- Fitness Certificate.
- Proof of payment of tax for the current quarter.
- Insurance Certificate.
- No object certificate from the financier if the vehicle concerned is covered by HPA / Lease / Hypothecation.
- Payment of green tax wherever applicable.
- Passport size photos-2
- Pollution under control certificate
- Aadhar card
- PROOF OF ADDRESS (any one of the following to be produced)
- Ration Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Electoral Roll
- LIC Policy
- Pay slip issued - Govt. Office (or) a Local Body
- Age Proof (any one of the following)
- School Certificate
- Birth Certificate
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
List of all RTO Office Locations in Kerala
Transport Commissionerate, Motor Vehicles Department, Kerala
2nd Floor, Trans Tower, CV Raman Pillai Rd,
DPI, Vazhuthacaud, Thiruvananthapuram,
Phone: 0471 233 3317
Location in Map
Following link will get RTO Contact details: Link for RTO Contact Info
- You should be the owner of the vehicle.
- The age of the vehicle should not exceed 2 years
- Fee related details are provided under the following link : Fees
- RTO authorities may provide more information on fees
- A tourist vehicle permit shall be valid for...
- 9 years in the case of a motor cab (passenger not exceeding 6 excluding driver)
- 8 years for vehicles other than a motor cab
- In case of a vehicle covered by a tourist permit is proposed to be replaced by another vehicle, the new vehicle age should not be more than two years
- The age of the vehicle is also considered to restrict the validity of the permit
- NOTE: The period [9 years or 8 years] shall be computed from the date of initial registration of the motor vehicle.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- 5 working days to get permit
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Applicants may approach the Office of the Deputy Commissioner / Chairman (STA) who is in charge of issuing Tourist Vehicle Permits.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- As per Central Motor Vehicle Rules of 1989, Tourist Vehicle Permit is granted to owners whose vehicles are used for tourism purposes.
- Tourist Vehicle Permit (Jeep/Omni/Car) is needed for a tourist vehicle operator for the vehicle to carry passengers on a rental basis from one place to another
- These motor vehicles are constructed or adapted to carry allowed number of passengers as per permit, but not more than the allowed number of passengers, excluding the driver for hire purpose
Information which might help
- An operator with Tourist Vehicle Permit (Jeep/Omni/Car) should not allow more than allowed number of passengers in his vehicle
- Proper payment of fees is required to travel in other states other than the permitted state
- FC (for clearance) is a process meant for reviewing the condition of the vehicle by the RTO authorities
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.