Kerala - Apply for Temporary Electricity Supply
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Approach the Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) Ltd and collect the Application form for applying for temporary electricity supply or download it form the link: Link
- Refer to the “Office Locations & Contacts” section in this procedure to see the respective address and contact details. Here is the contact link: Link
- After submitting the application online, the applicant shall take a print out of the system generated form, and hand over to the KSEB Ltd personnel, after affixing signature, photograph & necessary special adhesive stamp (worth Rs 200/-) along with other required documents, during site inspection / while effecting service connection. Please produce the original document for verification.
- Please make sure you have all the documents that are listed down the “Required Document” section of this page.
- Once verification and payment procedure is successful, connection will be effected according to consumer’s application.
Note: KSEBL will be forced to terminate the service connection and dismantle service connection without prior notice, if it is proved at any stage that the service connection was availed by hiding facts/fabricating false consents or orders. Any amount remitted by such consumer is liable to be forfeited. The consumer will be liable for any loss sustained by KSEBL on this account.
- To apply online navigate to the link: Link
- Click on “Online Registration”.
- Sign in/Register using valid credentials.
- An application form with 4 sections: Connection Details, Addresses, Other Details, Upload Documents will appear on the screen.
- Enter all the details. Refer to the “Required Information” section to refer all the required details.
- After entering all the details and uploading all the mandatory documents, click on the submit button and submit the application.
- The application will be reviewed and the applicant will be contacted by the KSEB Ltd personnel through email/mobile no.
- Once verification is successful, connection will be effected according to consumer’s application.
- Application form: Link
- Proof of Identity of the Applicant -Applicants shall furnish any of the documents listed below as proof of Identity.(Electoral Identity Card/Indian Passport/Driving Licence/Ration Card/Photo Identity Card issued by any Government Agency/PAN Card/AADHAR Card/Photo Identify Certificate from Village Panchayat or Municipality or Municipal Corporation).
- Proof of ownership or occupancy of the premises - Applicants shall furnish any of the documents listed below as proof of ownership. (Ownership certificate of the building issued by Municipal Corporation or Panchayat / Ownership or Possession certificate of the land issued by competent Revenue authority / Copy of title deed duly attested by a Gazetted Officer or KSEB Ltd officer /Copy of the Land Tax payment receipt issued by Revenue authorities issued within 1 year/ Occupancy certificate from Municipal Corporation or Panchayat ). An applicant, who is not an owner but an occupier of the premises/tenant, shall furnish a no objection certificate from the owner of the premises along with any of the documents listed above.
- Any one of the following documents (issued in the address mentioned in the application) can also be submitted as proof of ownership in place of the above documents.
- Residential Certificate issued by local body/Electoral identity card / Indian passport / AADHAR card / Ration card/ Photo identity card issued by any Government agency, most recent water or telephone or gas connection bill issued by Government company or agency / NREGP (Desiya Grameena Thozhil Urappu Padhathi) card
- Approved plan / building permit issued by local body for Construction sites
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) Ltd
Kerala State Electricity Board Ltd.,
PIN - 695004,Kerala,
Contact link: Link
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
- All Low Tension(LT) applicants can submit online application for new service connection by payment of Application Fees of Rs 50 /-
- LT Domestic category applicants having connected load upto and including 20 kW who require only Weather Proof service less than or equal to 35 m (i.e. not requiring construction of OH line including phase addition, installation of support poles, pole insertion etc) for effecting service connection can opt for Package Connection (Service connection before field verification). Such applicants can remit online all the requisite fees for new service connection including Application fees, Security Deposit and entire expenditure for Service connection. For such applicants connection shall be arranged (possibly in two working days time) if there is no pending service connection application in that category. The inspecting personnel accompanying the team effecting service connection will verify the details. However if any additional information, consent or sanction is required for effecting the service, the service connection will not be effected until necessary orders are obtained from the competent authority. The applicant has to agree to remit additional amounts if any, on demand, after inspection.
- For applicants where overhead line extension or installation of poles (support, insertion etc) is required for effecting service connection, the cost can be ascertained only after field inspection. Such Applicants can submit their application online and pay the required Application Fee. The cost (Estimated cost for Service connection + Security Deposit) thus ascertained during field inspection will be intimated to the applicant through e-mail and sms after inspection and the applicant need to remit the amount subsequently.
The temporary connection will be available as long as the mentioned period by the applicant.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The date of availing the temporary supply may be got amended by the consumer, by applying to the authority who has issued the orders before the commencement date indicated in the order. However, any alternate date proposed shall commence within 15 days of the date of the first order.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- If applicant desires a particular date of Inspection he/she can specify the date. If field verification is carried out on the specified date, the inspecting officer shall demand additional fee for the same along with the Estimate Cost for Service connection.
- If the applicant opts to procure the meter, the tested meter along with the original test certificate has to be produced at site (premise) prior to effecting of service connection. Such applicants are eligible for exemption of monthly meter rent.
- Name of District in which section office is located
- Name of section
- Requested load
- Supply type
- Applicant category (Select: Temporary)
- Applicant type
- Name of applicant
- Fathers/Mother name
- PAN no.
- Aadhar no.
- Mobile no.
- Full Address (building no. name of building, lane, district, place, village, survey no.)
Need for the Document
A temporary electricity supply can help the applicant for both electricity and/or water providing utilities for construction or building work.
Information which might help
Enter other information which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.