Kerala - Apply for Senior Citizen Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- In Kerala, Senior citizens can avail the facility and benefits (ASWASAKIRANAM, VAYOMITHRAM, Travel concession etc) offered by state and central government through the certified copy of their age which is treated as senior citizen certificate.
- Applicant has to write a application stating his residential address, age and the age proof (preferably aadhar card) and submit along with required documents for certification from the respective authorities. The certified application with stamp and seal will be treated as senior citizen certificate.
- Applicant or a person on behalf of applicants (in case of bed ridden or in ill health) to apply should go to…
- Registered medical practitioner or Panchayat/Municipal authorities (thasildhar) or Councilor or MLA.
- Link for municipal contacts (Thasildhar): link Follow the screen prompt to locate the address.
- Search for your nearest doctor but please confirm whether he or she is registered medical practitioner by using the following link : link
- The submitted application will be verified with originals. So carry originals while applying.
- On satisfactory grounds, this application will be signed by authority with seal.
- Once the sign and seal of the officials are made on the certificate, this can be used for availing the benefits. #The signed application stands as certificate.
- Written application on whita A4 paper
- Two photographs of the applicant.
- Aadhaar card
- ID card of the applicant
- Residential Proof
- Pan card ( For Monthly Pension above Rs.15,000 per month)
- Birth certificate / document to prove the age
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Your local area municipal or government hospitals.
- Person of age 60 years and above.
- Must be a citizen of India and resident of Kerala.
There is no fees to obtain Senior citizen certificate through online.
Senior Citizen certificate is valid for rest of life.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
It can be availed on same day.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
You may get your "Senior Citizen Certificate" from the concerned Tehsildar in your area.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
The Government of India provides facilities for citizens above the age of 60 years. The senior citizen certificate will allow the holder to receive numerous benefits like discounts in Railways, Flights and other benefits from the government.
Information which might help
It is advisable to go to the Tehsildar's Office between 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.