Kerala - Apply for Property Possession Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain a Property Possession Certificate in Kerala the applicant has to approach the officer at the village office of your area.
- Link for Contact: Contact information
- The applicant should get the application form from the Concerned Department Authorities.
- Fill the application with the Required details.
- Now attach the required documents mentioned and submit the application to the concerned Officer in the department.
- Once the documents are submitted you will be provided with an acknowledgement, please keep it safe for future reference.
- It may take 7 days to process the application form.
- After processing your request, field verification will be done by the RDO or tahsildar or respective authorities.
- They notify you through e-mail or by SMS to collect the Property Possession Certificate when it’s ready.
- They will ask you to sign in a register for the collection of Property Possession Certificate
- To apply for possession certificate, go to Akshaya Service Centre nearby.
- Officers Contact: Contact Information
- Service Center nearby :Service Centers
- The applicant has to put an application request for possession certificate online with the help of Akshaya Centre.
- Submit all required documents in online.
- Once the application, along with all required documents, has been submitted, it will be forwarded to the department.
- The applicant will get an SMS to the registered mobile number. They can find the application number in this SMS. Keep it safe for future Reference.
- Concerned department (Tahsildar) will process the possession certificate request, After processing your request, field verification will be done by the RDO or tahsildar or respective authorities.
- After successful verification, the possession certificate will be issued by signing it.
- If the applicant gets an SMS regarding application approved message, the certificate is ready for download.
- Again visit Akshaya centre, and then download the certificate by providing the application number.
- Get a printed copy of the signed possession certificate. It can be used for applying for home loans.
- Go and Visit the official E-District Portal of the Kerala Government E-District Portal
- Register onto the platform
- From the homepage, go to the User registration tab.
- Next, fill in all the required details, select appropriate login credentials and click on Save and Submit
- Choose a suitable password recovery question and answer to continue further.
- Once the registration is complete, log into the account using your credentials to apply for the possession certificate.
- Log in and go to the One-Time Registration Tab.
- Fill all the required details and click on Duplicate.
- Next click on Submit to register completely.
- On the application form, fill in all the required details such as name, type of certificate and so on.
- After you fill everything, save and submit.
- Next, move on to upload all the supporting documents as PDFs, each should be less than 100 KB in size.
- Once you are done uploading all the documents, pay the required fees through their online payment portal.
- Fees may be paid Through Debit card/Credit card/Wallets/IMPS/Net banking and cash-card format.
- After the payment, an acknowledgement receipt will come.
- Keep the acknowledgement receipt safely with you for future references.
- Ownership Proof for the property in question
- Certificate of Encumbrance
- Identity Proof: Aadhaar, PAN, Driver’s License, Voter’s ID, Passport
- Proof of having paid the required Land Tax for the property
- Copy of the Voter’s ID
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
- Those who own or buy the property can apply for Property Possession Certificate.
- Department officials will intimate you about the fee structure while applying.
- Fees details for Akshaya centers: fee details
- Till you sell the property which you owned.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- It takes 7 Days for processing the application.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of the person
- E-mail Id
- Phone number
Need for the Document
- Possession certificate is a Document which property seller gives to a buyer starting the possession date of the property.
- It is issued by Tahsildar in Rural areas and RDO in urban areas.
- It is a proof of our owned land is ours.
- Must be provided while applying for a home loan.
- It is used to show the exact date of possession of a property.
- It is used to add a property to the State’s revenue records.
- For obtaining Government subsidies.
- Proof of residence.
- Used to avail government schemes related to housing.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.