Kerala - Apply for Police Visit to Senior Citizen
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The applicant shall visit the nearby police station to register as senior citizen. The Commissioner of police is responsible.
- Refer the office contact details in the “Office contacts & Locations” section below.
- The application for registration of senior citizen can be obtained in the police station.
- Collect the application form. Fill in the form with necessary details.
- Please make sure you have all the documents listed in the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- After filling the form, attach the documents mentioned in the “Required Documents” section below with the completed application form.
- Check the application form and then submit it to the concerned authority.
- Now pay the required application fee to the concerned authority.
- The Applicant will be visited by a police officer for verification.
- After verification, if the authorities are satisfied with the report then the application will be processed.
- The details of the senior citizen will be added to the database maintained by the police.
- After approval, the senior citizen will be registered by the police.
- The applicant will receive confirmation through an SMS or call on the registered mobile number. A registration number will be given for future reference.
- A beat constable will pay regular visits to the homes of the senior citizens to check their health, security, etc.
- Application form
- Proof of date of birth
- Stamp size photos
- Copy of Aadhaar Card (as Identity proof)
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
- The age of the applicant should be 60 years or above.
- The applicant should be a resident of that state in India.
The applicant can approach the authority for fees details.
It is valid till the senior citizen resides in that place.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Registration is done within few days.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.gIn the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Prescribed Form should be used for the Application.
- Please fill the Application form completely and correctly.
- Valid document proofs should be submitted
- Date of Birth
- Blood Group
- Living Alone : Yes / No
- Medical details
- Name of Spouse
- Date of Birth of spouse
- Blood Group of spouse
- Present Address
- Phone No
- Mobile No
- Permanent Address
- Details of Family (Children / Other Members)
- Name of children
- Address of children
- Contact No. Of children
- Person to be contacted in case of Emergency
- Contact No.
Need for the Document
- To avoid the crimes committed against senior citizens, the police need to visit them on a regular basis to check on their security and safety. The senior citizens need to register for the visit by police.
- To meet the basic needs of the senior citizen such as medical needs, etc when they stay alone and have no children to help, the police act as friends to help them.
Information which might help
Senior citizens face serious concerns related to their safety, security, health etc. Often, these senior citizens are physically incapacitated which prevents them from visiting a police station or any other agency for their safety and security. They are not able to receive appropriate medical attention in times of crisis. They may face certain legal issue pertaining to property and other matters which leave them at a total loss as far as redressal of these problems is concerned.
Officers pay visit to some of the Senior Citizens every day by turn. During personal visit the following aspects are checked.
- Physical Security of the house is looked into.
- Status of domestic helps are verified.
- Senior Citizens are advised to display the telephone numbers of relatives, friends and Senior Citizens Helpline No. at some conspicuous place, preferably near telephone console such that they could be contacted in case of emergency.
- They are checked whether they are residing alone or with spouse.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
A helpline to receive emergency calls is maintained for senior citizens by the police. Once the calls are received and the nature of the problems noted down, either a police team would visit the senior citizens or an ambulance would reach the address of the senior citizens depending on the nature of the problem faced by the senior citizens.