Kerala - Apply for Permission for Petrol and Diesel License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Fill up application form appended to Petroleum rules, 2002, where the application is made in behalf of a company, the name and address of the company and the name of the manager or agent should be given and the application should be signed by him.
- Link for forms and requirements: link (please refer 10.2 Form of licence/approval purpose and licensing/approving authority page)
- Link to get selective forms : link (please select the rule and type of form applicable)
- Applicants may approach the Deputy Commissioners office(Petroleum and Explosives and Safety Organization) to apply for a Petrol and Diesel License.
- The Applicant must submit the form along with all the required documents (NOC, Sketch of the place, authorization or sanction letters).
- Inspection of the developed /completed facilities by authorities for issue of safety certificate.
- Grant and issue of license to the applicant.
- Applicant can get the approval for the license by applying online by following the below process:
- Go to the portal : link
- In the given page login using login ID and password. If in case of new user, please use the new User? Option to register. Once you confirm the registration through email, use the credentials to login.
- Once login, user gets dashboard to process. Please select “New application” option from the menu to get the welcome screen.
- User gets information of applicant and hit respective tab to get the online application request form.
- User should fill/enter the prompted details and information then hit save for drop down options.
- The drop down option will prompt user for selecting the type, document and payment (providing DD information).
- Once all the parameters are complete, hit save and submit to submit the online request.
- The resulting page will display the application details to make printout.
Getting approval printout:
- User has to go to : link the online portal. Login to get the page. Here, user shall select “Application status” to get the current status. If the approved application status shows numeric value, user has to select “Subsequent applications portfolio” option from the menu.
- The given page shows the details of the “Grant of prior license”. Please select the respective transaction from the drop down menu in the list by selecting tab under “Apply” to get the details of application grant so that user can apply for “Grant of license” by selecting Doc Key, Transaction and click on apply to get the next page
- User should enter Capacity & validity, Document & Drawing Detail, NOC Detail, Payment Detail and make sure that all entries done by you are correct because after Save & Submit you cant change anything. Click on Save & Submit to take the printout.
- Applicant can use this printed grant of license and go to the respective Deputy Commissioners office(Petroleum and Explosives and Safety Organization) and follow the authority guidelines to complete this process.
- Obtaining prior approval of site/layout/construction plan of proposed place from the PESO office by submitting application online.
- Description of place for where the storage is intended to be carried out (sketch).
- Filled in form. Please use the link for forms: link
- Inspection certificate of the facilities by a recognized competent person
- No objection certificate of the tenant, if storage is intended to be carried out on the land of tenant other than the applicant.
- Recent copy of Map along with Form-F of the land where business is intended to be carried out.
- Address Proof
- Proof of Identity
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport size photo
- The copy of the property tax receipt, if the building is owned by the applicant.
- NOC as required from respective bodies as advised
- In case of rented premises, property tax paid by the owner, his permission given in writing in Rs.20 bond with signature and address should be submitted.
Office Locations & Contacts
Deputy Chief Controller of Explosives,
C 2-IIIrd Floor, CGO Complex,Kakkanad,
Ph: (0484)2427286 2427296
Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organization (PESO),
Government of India
Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas�Shastri Bhavan,New Delhi - 110001.(India)
011-23387404 / 011-23383100
- Applicant should be an Indian citizen
- Applicant age should be above 21 years
- Those who meet the fund requirement
- Fees amount varies with the service applied.
- Please contact the authorities to know the fees involved.
- Note: Fees has to be paid by means of DD
- The application for renewal of license should be made before 2nd of December every year.
- NOTE: There is a late fee and explanation is required for lapse in applying for renewal
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- Processing time varies in case to case.
- As there is a lot of scrutiny, verification and inspection to process the application. The real time involved varies with operational activities.
- Note : One can expect licence in three months of time
Kerala - Online Apply for Permission for Petrol and Diesel License
Kerala - Apply for Permission for Petrol and Diesel License
Applicants may approach the Deputy Commissioner, who is in charge of issuing Petrol and Diesel License.
- Applicants name, contact number and address.
- Situation of the premises where petroleum is to be stored.
- Quantity (in litres) of Petroleum proposed to be imported and stored.
- Quantity in litres of petroleum already stored in premises.
- Number of the license held for the premises and the full name of the holder of the licence.
Need for the Document
Petroleum Rule 2002, sets rules to be followed regarding importation, transport, storage, refining and testing of petrol products.
A person wishing to obtain or renew a licence under these rules shall submit an application in writing to the authority empowered to grant such licence.
To know more: http://peso.gov.in/Petroleum_rule.aspx
Information which might help
It is advisable to go to the Deputy Commissioners Office between 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Petroleum Rules, 2002: http://peso.gov.in/Petroleum_rule.aspx
More information which might help people.