Kerala - Apply for Particular Contract Carriage Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for Particular Contract Carriage Permit in Kerala the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which his area belongs to.
- Please follow our “Office Locations & Contacts” section of this page to get details of the RTO offices. Link for RTO contacts: Link for contact
- Application form can be downloaded using the following link: Permit
- Completed Application in FORM for A PARTICULAR CONTRACT CARRIAGE PERMIT
- Application forms can be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that can be completed and presented with appropriate fees.
- Please make sure you have all the documents that are listed down the “Required Document” section of this page.
- Please make sure that you are eligible for this procedure
- Present the completed application forms in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Important verifications for the permit includes Vehicle condition, seating arrangements etc., will be carried by authorities.
- After checking the vehicle for its correctness and other appropriate requirements the application will be processed.
Apply through state portal :
- Please use the link : Permit
- Click Apply online next to Fresh Permit
- In the following screen please fill / select prompted details and hit “Submit” to process your application online
Application status online :
- Please use the link : Permit
- Click STA Permit under Application status option
- In the following screen please fill / select prompted details and hit “Search” to process your application online
Apply online :
- Use the following link : Online and select “Permit Online” option under Other online services
- Select Kerala in the drop down menu and click “proceed”
- Please follow the screen and fill in prompted details to process your online procedure
- Upload required documents and take printout of acknowledgement.
- On the appointment date, go to RTO office before 11:30 am and submit the documents. Once you submit and pay the fee, rest of the procedure will happen as per how you apply in person.
- Use the following link : Appointment and select “Appointment” option under Other online services
- Enter the application number as prompted and click “Get user Details” to process online in getting appointment
- Completed Application :link
- Registration Certificate of the vehicle.
- Fitness Certificate.
- Proof of payment of tax for the current quarter.
- Insurance Certificate.
- No object certificate from the financier if the vehicle concerned is covered by HPA / Lease / Hypothecation.
- Pollution Under Control Certificate
- Payment of green tax wherever applicable.
- PROOF OF ADDRESS (any one of the following to be produced)
- Ration Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Electoral Roll
- LIC Policy
- Pay slip issued - Govt. Office (or) a Local Body
- Age Proof (any one of the following)
- School Certificate
- Birth Certificate
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
List of all RTO Office Locations in Kerala
Transport Commissionerate, Motor Vehicles Department, Kerala
2nd Floor, Trans Tower, CV Raman Pillai Rd,
DPI, Vazhuthacaud, Thiruvananthapuram,
Phone: 0471 233 3317
Location in Map
Following link will get RTO Contact details: Link for RTO Contact Info
Applicant should be the owner of the vehicle.
Age of the vehicle is also considered
- Fee related details are provided under the following link: Fees
- RTO authorities may provide more information on fees
- Permit is valid for 5 years
- Usually the renewal of permit can be obtained with Vehicle fitness certificate and FC as per authorities of concerned RTO
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
5 working days to get permit
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The applicant may approach the Office of the Deputy Commissioner (S/A) / Chairman (STA), who is in charge of issuing the permit. You could also approach the RTO office in your area who could direct you in the right direction.
- Full Name of applicant
- Name of father(in the case of an individual)
- Area for which required
- Type of vehicle
- Approximate seating capacity
- Particulars of service to be performed by the contract carriages (not necessary in case of a motor cab), and the manner in which it is claimed that the public convenience will be served
- Particulars of any stage carriage or contract carriage permit (or similar authorization under the Indian Motor Vehicles Act, 1914) valid in the province held by the applicant
Need for the Document
Particular Contract Carriage Permit is the most common type of permit. The permit grants the holder the right to operate under a contract with his client for a specific destination. He cannot pick passengers other than those mentioned in the permit.
Information which might help
- This permit does not entitle the holder to use the vehicle herein described as a stage carriage or as a goods carriage.
- FC (for clearance) is a process meant for reviewing the condition of the vehicle by the RTO authorities
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.