Kerala - Apply for PDS (Public Distribution System) Carriage Contractor License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The office of the respective Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department will issue/Publish Notice Inviting Tender for appointment of Public Distribution System (PDS) Carriage Contractor in local newspaper.
Apply In Person
- Intending bidder should download the tender document from the following website. Link for website:link
- Please go through the instructions / terms & conditions / critical dates / eligibility criteria etc.
- The Bidder shall purchase Class II/Class III Digital Signature certificate from any certifying agency enlisted by Controller of Certifying Authorities (CCA). Link for CCA:link
- Bidder shall use the following link to complete online bidding process. Link for portal:link
- In the given page please use the “Online Bidder Enrollment” option on the right part of the screen under “Click here to Login” button to reach “Online Enrollment of Corporate/Bidder” page.
- Please complete the enrolment form and click “Submit” button at the bottom to complete the online enrolment process.
- Now come back to the home page. In the given page please use the “Click here to Login” button at the right part of the screen to get a login page.
- Please enter the login credentials as appropriate and click “Proceed” button to login.
- Once login, the Bidder shall find ‘My Space’ folder option in the new page. Here bidder shall upload (scanned PDF Format) all documents as per our “required document” section.
- Also download the additional required formats and complete them as applicable.
- Scan the above documents after completion and also scan the DD of tender fee.
- Now upload the scanned documents as stated above along with the digital signature to the “My Space” folder.
- Once the last date for receiving the tender document is over, the date will be fixed for first level scrutiny.
- Bids (Technical) will be opened online on the specified date of the department and all tenderers may see the documents of any contending tenderer for a particular job in the website.
- Bidders who’s Technical Bids are found satisfactory and conforming to the eligibility criteria mentioned in the online document, shall only be considered for opening for Financial Bid.
- The date & time of Financial Bid opening will also be declared online.
- On the scheduled date, the price bid of the successful Tenderer qualified in scrutiny of the technical bid shall be opened before the Committee Members and the selected Tenderer or their authorized representatives.
- Authorities will prepare comparative statement using the price bid. Approved copy of the final selection of Contractor shall be sent to the Head office of the respective state department.
- Prospective Tenderer will get intimation from the department for further processing.
- For this purpose the selected carriage contractor will be asked to deposit a non-refundable licence fee and an amount as fixed deposit (refundable on satisfactory performance / completion /expiry / termination / exhaustion of the validity of the contract period) in favour of the designated authority as suggested by respective department.
- Once all the above process are complete to the satisfaction of the suggestions and recommendations of the Board, tenderer will be awarded the Carriage contract.
- This licence will be hand delivered up on notification from the department OR delivered through post as per the address provided on the application.
- The tendering process shall be completed by December and the specific recommendations of the concerned designated authority should reach the Directorate of Food and Civil Supplies by the first week of January.
- The tender document of the Tenderer shall be rejected if information is incomplete and if there is any shortage of required documents.
- Tender document to apply
- Earnest Money Deposit (EMD)
- Attested copy of Registration of the agency
- Attested copy of PAN
- Attested copies of the latest IT return filed by agency
- List of movable property
- List of immovable property
- Affidavit from declaring firm is not blacklisted.
- Proof of Address (Ration Card / Aadhaar Card / Voter ID)
- ID proof (Driving licence / Ration card / Aadhaar card / Voter ID)
- The authorization letter of the authorized representative of the Tenderer as per requirement.
- Document evidence of the temporary storage facility if any.
- Document pertaining to vehicle.
- List of Transport Vehicle along with Registration No.
- Fitness Certificate
- Goods Carriage Permit.
- Registration Certificate of the vehicle.
- Proof of payment of tax for the current quarter.
- Insurance Certificate.
- Payment of green tax wherever applicable.
- Pollution under control certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- Birth Certificate
- Note:Apart from the above documents authorities may ask for additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Civil Supplies Department,
Room No.521, 2ndFloor, South Sandwich Block,
Link for Contacts:link
- Citizen of India are eligible to apply
- Those who are 18 years and above are eligible to apply.
- Tenderer should have their godown and office in the respective district headquarters with telephones in working condition.
- As the eligibility criteria varies from state to state, please follow the eligibility criteria as derived by the board while collecting the tender form.
- Fee information can be obtained directly from the respective office while collecting tender document.
- Non-refundable Licence fee as advised need to be paid (Once the application is selected).
- Refundable security deposit in the form of fixed deposit in favour of the deputy commissioner or as per advised authority need to be made for 10% / requested percentage of the contract value.
- Note: The institution can be a Nationalized/Scheduled bank situated at the concerned district HQ
- The carriage contract will be awarded for 2 (two) years only.
- This licence should be renewed before the end of the first year as per the date mentioned against “Valid up to” in the licence.
- The contract could be considered for renewal/extension for another 1 (one) year on satisfactory performance as recommended by the concerned designated authority and at the discretion of the State Government
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- This entire process takes nearly 2 months to complete.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The carriage contractor shall be solely responsible to safeguard and protect the goods on transit from loss / damage as the case maybe.
- Paint the vehicle engaged under transportation of the PDS commodities in specified colour and display information prominently on the truck or trucks in banner of specified colour, size as per specification of the respective state department.
- In order to ascertain the quality and quantity of goods, the consignment will be opened in presence of the authorized, representative of the district nominee.
- No person or firm, granted licence as Carriage Contractor for PDS items, shall sub- let the licence or engage any other party to carry on the business of drawal of PDS items and their transportation.
Following are the required information to apply.
- Applicant Name
- Registration number of trucks carrying PDS items.
- GST Number
- Telephone number.
- Mobile number
- email ID
- Passport size photo-2
Need for the Document
- This carriage contractor licence is required for an operator for drawal and transit of commodities allocated from Food Corporation of India or any other agency of the Government of India.
- The allotted quota of Public Distribution System (PDS) items shall be procured from Food Corporation of India/Stockist and transported to the Principal Distribution Centres and its enroute/Off route FPS locations by the licensed carriage contractor under PDS.
Information which might help
- Please look for announcement in the local edition of the newspaper for such tender invitation.
- The contractor should maintain Stock Register/Books of Accounts showing drawal / receipt, issue and balance etc.. Separately for different category of PDS items.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people