Kerala - Apply for No Entry Permission
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
As per traffic police’s rules, plying of private buses (non-stage carriage), tractor trolleys carrying non-agriculture products, commercial goods vehicles such as trucks and mini trucks are banned during restricted hours (timing as fixed by respective state) in certain areas and on city roads. Only those vehicles (stated as above) that have a No Entry Permission - NEP sticker are allowed to move around during the restricted hours in those restricted areas.
- To get No Entry Permission for a vehicle, applicant has to approach the district traffic police office.
- The traffic police is a semi-autonomous body under the Andaman and Nicobar Police.
- Please use the following link to find your respective district traffic police office contact details:link please select the district from drop down list and click “Filter” button for contact details.
- Please contact the traffic portfolio designated authority contact number and get the details of whom to meet.
- Applicant shall visit the office. Obtain applicable application form or write on an A4 sheet as advised.
- Please submit the completed application along with required documents as mentioned in the “Required Documents” section to the receiving authority.
- Please make sure that each & every paper submitted along with application has been signed by the applicant in addition to attestation by Gazetted.
- Authority will check the submitted application set. If all are in place, the authority will accept the application along with the fees if any.
- Authorities will inform the probable timing to collect the permit. Don’t forget to collect the acknowledgement for the submission of application.
- This application will be processed further.
- After internal processing, approval will be sanctioned. The Applicant shall collect the permit from the respective office as per notification.
- Rejection or grant of permission is entirely the department’s decision.
- No application shall be accepted if it is signed by someone else on behalf of the applicant.
- Copy of Proof of residential address of the applicant.
- Copy of Registration Certificate of the vehicle
- Copy of Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate
- Copy of Valid Tax paid receipt
- Copy of Valid insurance certificate
- Copy of Valid fitness certificate
- Copy of driving license of driver
- Original Old permission, if applying for the second time.
- Copy of work contract, if any, with validity date
- Copy of CNG safety certification, for CNG vehicles
- Copy of Speed governor certificate if applicable
- Authority Letter (In case other than owner applies).
- Aadhaar Card
- Note:Apart from the above documents authorities may ask you to submit additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Phone: 0471 - 2721547
For more information on contact details, please follow the link:Contacts link
- Owner of the vehicle is eligible for this procedure.
- Note: When another person instead of the owner applies, an authorisation letter is required from the actual owner.
- Authorities will provide fees details at the time of applying for this procedure.
- There are annual and temporary permissions sanctioned depending upon the requisition and norms from the department.
- Annual permits are valid till 31st December of every year
- Temporary permits are valid for 7 days/30 days/3 months from the date of issue or as mentioned on the permit.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- It takes 3 working days
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Applicants are requested to submit the request 72 hours prior from the date of entry
- Applicant name
- Applicant age
- Applicant address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Address of place of work
- Vehicle registration number
- Purpose for which the permission is sought
- If permit number is available.
Need for the Document
- Those categorised vehicles which are banned during restricted hours (as mentioned by respective state) in certain areas and on city roads to ply should apply for this permission.
- Only those commercial vehicles that have an NEP sticker are allowed to move around during the restricted hours in those restricted areas.
Information which might help
- Vehicle with NEP permission should stick the issued sticker in a visible place on the vehicle.
- Restriction shall not be applicable to the vehicles for emergency services like School buses carrying children to and from schools, police, Para military forces, civil vehicles hired by the military authority for carrying goods.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.