Kerala - Apply for New Firearm (Gun) License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Apply in-person for fresh license:
- In order to apply for arm gun license in Kerala, applicant has to go the respective collector office.
- Link for contact: link
- Application form can be obtained from the office while you visit.
- Make sure that applicant is eligible for applying.
- Please make sure that the documents are in hand before applying.
- Complete the application form and submit along with required documents to the authority.
- After the application is received, proper entry of records in registry will be made and then request will be forwarded to process.
- The district authority shall call for an report from the concerned Superintendent of Police, thasildhar and the divisional forest officer.
- Application will be forwarded to local police station for verification.
- Competent authorities make through assessments regarding
- threat based requirements of the arms by the applicant
- capabilities of use
- safe handling of the arms by the applicant,
- physical fitness of the applicant for capabilities of handling the arms,
- antecedent, etc..
- The report will be sent back to the respective department.
- If the report is satisfactory and the applicant is considered then the license will be granted.
- Applicant should fill in NDAL (National Database on Arms License)Data Input Form : link
- Submit it to the Arms Act Department for uploading in the National Database and generate Unique ID.
Apply for Renewal
- Please approach respective collector office.
- Link for contact: link
- Complete and submit the application for renewal as obtained / advised by respective authorities, one month before the date of expiry of arms license.
- Make sure that the documents are in hand before applying.
- The licensee should produce his/her license and weapon for inspection at the time of renewal and pay the renewal fees.
- If the Licensee is a senior citizen, the competent authority may verify physical fitness and mental alertness.
- If required, address and current antecedent may be verified through local police station. Renewal will be done immediately and the necessary thing about renewal will be made in the license.
- Application form
- Address proof
- Physical fitness certificate
- Weapon training certificate
- Property certificate
- Business certificate
- Valid Arms license in original form.
- Recent passport size photo
- Weapon Deposit certificate in case of expiry of renewal date.
- Two Self attested Proof of present residential address.
- Ration card
- Aadhaar card
- Income tax returns
- Pan card
- Proof of address
- Original License
- Senior citizen should produce fitness and mental alertness certificate
Office Locations & Contacts
2nd Floor Civil Station Building, Civil Station Road,
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala - 695043.
Tel: 0471-2731177 | 0471- 2731166(F)
E- mail: email@example.com
Link for contacts: link
- The license authority shall refuse to grant a license:
- Where such license is required in respect of any prohibited arms or prohibited ammunition.
- Where such is required by a person whom the licensing authority has reason to believe:
- To be prohibited by the Indian Arms Rules or by any other law for the time being in force from acquiring, having in his possession or carrying any arms or ammunition.
- To be of unsound mind.
- To be for any reason unfit for a license.
- Applicant should have valid Firearm License to renew.
- Fee information can be obtained directly from the department office while applying.
- Fees may vary in variation of the arms.
- Stamp charges
- A license is valid for 3 years from the date on which it is granted (unless revoked earlier) and need to be renewed before one month of expiry.
- License may be granted for a shorter period also, if the person by whom the license is required desires or if the licensing authority decides.
- License is renewable from time to time - Even the authority can ask for renewal in-between the renewal period for recording purpose.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- Fresh license can be issued at a maximum of one month.
- Renewal can be obtained in 5 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Applicants may approach the Office of the Deputy Commissioner who is in charge of issuing Firearms License.
- Name of Applicant
- Present and permanent address
- Date of birth, age
- Occupation and designation
- Whether the applicant has been:
- Convicted if so, (the offenses),the sentence and date of sentence.
- Ordered to execute a bond under chapter VIII of Cr. P. C. for keeping the peace or for good behavior if so when and for what period.
- Prohibited under the Arms Act, 1959 or any other law from having the arms/ ammunition.
- Whether the applicant applied for a licence before if so when to whom & with what result.
- Whether the applicants licence was over suspended or cancelled/ revoked if so, when and by whom and on what account.
- Whether any other member of the applicants family is in possession of an arms licenses if so particulars thereof.
- Whether the applicant :
- Is a licensee or esteem if so, description of arms hold.
- Has a safe place for keep the arm.
- Particulars of Licence
Need for the Document
Any person who wishes to carry firearms must first secure a license to do so. Every application for the grant of a license shall be submitted in Form A.
Information which might help
To know more about obtaining and carrying firearms see Indian Arms Rules 2010:Arms Rules 2010
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.