Kerala - Apply for Manufacturer License under Weights and Measure
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
No person shall manufacture any weight or measure unless he holds a valid licence issued by the Controller of Legal Metrology.
- Applicant shall approach office of the Assistant Controller of Legal Metrology / controller of legal metrology / Inspectorate Offices under whose dominion the manufacturing unit is located.
- Link for contact details : link please use the respective district for contact details.
- Go to the office.
- Obtain the application form or write on a A4 sheet as advised.
- Link for application form : Application
- After filling/completing application form attach all the required documents as per our required document section.
- Submit the document set along with required/applicable fee to the receiving authority.
- Submitted application will be verified by the authorities. If all are in place submitted application will be accepted.
- Applicant will be provided with receipt for submission of application.
- This application will be processed further by the department.
- Applicant gets intimation from the department about the application progress. Follow the notification.
- There will be inspection cum verification process from the department authorities on a scheduled date.
- The premises will be inspected by the concerned Legal Metrology Officer and documents in original will be verified and security deposit if applicable would be collected.
- This application along with inspection/verification report will be submitted to the issuing authority/controller of legal metrology concerned.
- Based on the advice and report the registration process will be completed,
- The status, viz. Approval or Rejection if any will be conveyed to the applicant through an SMS.
- If approved, the certificate will be issued as per applicable norms.
- A proof of sanctioned and installed and energized power load required for proper manufacturing of the items shall also be furnished by the applicant.
- The workshop premises should be suitable and adequate (not less than the area as prescribed)
- Application form
- Certificate of registration of Industry/registration under Shops and Establishments Act/NOC from Gram panchayat as appropriate
- Authenticated document regarding Proprietorship /Registered partnership deed/memorandum of association and articles of association along with list of directors.
- Premises - ownership documents/ registered rent or leave license agreement or lease agreement NOC from the owner / NOC of the member if the premise is owned by family member.
- Model Approval certificate
- Machinery, tools and equipment list
- PAN card
- Profession tax registration
- List of qualified persons.
- Educational qualification certificate of the Applicant / qualified person
- Verification certificate of test weight or measure
- Self-declaration about whether any offence is pending against him in court and/ or police station
- Self-declaration about whether the Applicant has violated any of the provisions of Legal Metrology Act, 2009 or rules made there under.
- Electricity load approved certificate
- Latest electricity bill.
- Experience certificate (2 years)
- Receipt of property tax
- Aadhaar card of directors
- Bank’s Statement
- Copy of Test Reports
- Self-attested copy of the applicable documents should be attached
- Apart from the above listed documents, authorities may ask for additional information or document. Please provide them for smooth processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Applicant should be the citizen of India
- Age limit 18 years and above
- An individual or a company registered under government act is eligible to apply.
- Having 2 years of experience or having required education.
- Proof of financial status
- Sanctioned power load
- Fee details shall be obtained while applying. There are category based fee structures, which applicant need to pay while applying.
Every licence issued to a manufacturer shall be valid for a minimum period of one calendar year and can be renewed.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- 30 working days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M%22 Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Don’t forget to take all the originals of the document along with copy for applying.
- Better inform a chartered accountant and take his assistance.
- Ensure that application is complete before submission.
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the applicant
- Father's Name
- Email ID
- Mobile number
Need for the Document
- The Department issues licence to manufacture weights &measures for dealing in weighing & measuring instruments.
- Manufacturing weights and measure without this license is punishable. So, one has to follow the steps as explained in this procedure to obtain one.
Information which might help
- A licence issued or renewed under this Act shall not be saleable or transferable.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.