Kerala - Apply for Labour Clearance Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- An application for the Labour Clearance Certificate shall be made at the respective labour office from which the establishment obtained its contract labour licence (Employer).
- Link for contact details: link
- Go to the respective office.
- Meet the respective authority meant for clearance at the office. The applicant shall share the details of the project and the payment to be received. After examining the details, authority will advise the applying procedure and the payment required.
- Please collect the relevant application form from the authority Or write on a plain A4 sheet / office letter head as advised.
- Complete the application form. Attach the entire required document as per our “Required Documents” section. Also, include a crossed demand draft for the said amount as advised to obtain this certificate.
- Please submit the application set to the designated receiving authority.
- On receipt of the application, authorities will check the submitted application and document set. If all are in place the application will be accepted.
- Authorities will make entries about this application in the manual record or electronically using computer.
- An acknowledgement receipt will be issued for the application received. The same will be sent as Email and as SMS to the registered email ID and registered mobile number respectively. Please save it for future reference.
- This application will be processed internally. Authorities will give a probable timeline for issuance of this certificate.
- Applicant will get update about the progress of his/her application through SMS in their registered mobile number. Applicants are advised to follow the department guidelines to get the certificate.
- After scrutiny by the designated authority, clarification / short fall in the documentation if any will be intimated through SMS or as applicable.
- After proper inspection and scrutiny of the submitted details and documents by the department, the labour clearance certificate shall be granted by issuing authority as applicable.
- The status, viz. Approval or Rejection if any will be conveyed to the applicant through an SMS or as per applicable norms.
- The Certificate thus granted shall be hand delivered or sent through post to the address mentioned while applying as applicable.
- Application form
- Copy of work order
- Copy of Enlistment certificate
- Payment register
- Muster Roll Voucher
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar card
- Note:Apart from the above listed documents, authorities may ask for additional information or document. Please provide them for smooth processing.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
LABOUR COMMISSIONERATE ,
E-mail- [email protected]
Regional Office - Cochin,
Kendriya Shram Sadan, Oolimughal,
- Any contractor with a valid Enlistment certificate.
- Any contractor in need of NOC from the department of labour for release of final / running bill for the mentioned work / project.
- Without a proper audited payment register and muster roll one can’t apply.
- Applicant will be asked to make necessary payment along with the application as derived by the department or as per the standard calculations based on the project / bill amount.
- Please make payment for Welfare Cess as appropriate
The labour clearance certificate issued is for the sanction of the requested project / work as per the application. Thus, the certificate is valid for getting the particular payment.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- This certificate will be processed in 3 to 5 days from the date of receipt of completed application form or as per authorities intimation.
- Note:The process may take additional time for processing if in case of the application requires any additional scrutiny.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The rates of wages payable to the workmen shall not be less than the rates prescribed for the schedule of employment under the Minimum Wages Act, 1948, where applicable, and where the rates have been fixed by agreement/ settlement or award, not less than the rates fixed.
- If any misrepresentation of facts or falsification of documents submitted by the applicant may lead to such action as may be taken against the applicant by the Department of Labour as may consider appropriate.
- Name of the applicant
- Name of the department
- Name of the firm
- Name of Work
- Date of commencement of work
- Date of completion
- Date of application*Letter head
- Office seal
- Contact number
- Email address
- GST Number
Need for the Document
- Labour clearance certificate is an important NOC from the labour department for sanction of payment against the work / project completion of the contractor (who employed contract labour for completion of the work).
- This NOC is a proof that all the payments are made as per the norms. Norms refer to the standard wages, work hours, over time payments etc… as fixed by respective government department.
- This certificate process ensures the protection and welfare of the contract labourers.
Information which might help
- The employer should ensure proper maintenance of Payment register, Muster Roll and other employee records.
- Never use forged documents to get this certificate.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.