Kerala - Apply for Insecticide License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- As a first step one has to make sure that his education eligibility to apply. (As per the norms of Indian government for the license of using and applying chemicals for pesticide and insecticide, you needed to be a graduate with B.sc or B.sc (agriculture)).
- If you are not a graduate, then hire a graduate with required education. Get the written document on a 20 rupee stamp paper for his or her concern.
- Go to the state agriculture department office for your area. Get further clarity to initiate. Link: link
- Applicant has to get the letter head for the firm and should get the document for the place where the business is proposed.
- Please apply with the form as applicable(authorities will be helpful in providing form or format) at the office.
- After accepting the application, officials will advice the amount to be remitted as per the mode (usually DD) in the bank which is meant for that account.
- Applicant after remitting the mentioned amount, should provide the same to the department authority for processing.
- Applicant will get intimation for inspection of premises.
- Authorities will inspect the business place and do their due diligence for the machine / other apparatus as mentioned in application by applicant.
- Once all the process yields satisfactory result, Applicant gets intimation to collect the License.
- On the said date, applicant can collect the license.
- Issue of license for dangerous and offensive trades will be issued by Kerala Panchayat Raj in selected places.
- 15 days training and certification course is offered for applicants.
- GST details
- Application form
- Letter head
- Rubber stamp in the company name
- Chemist Bio-data (Diploma or degree holder –details can be obtained from Administrative Officer, Agriculture office)
- Chemist Willingness Letter
- Chemist Appointment Letter
- Chemist Degree Certificate
- List of Lab equipment's
- List of Straight Micronutrients
- Additional documents (If Any)
- ID proof
- Address proof
- Document of the shop and address proof
- Establishment certificate
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Agriculture Development and Farmers' Welfare
Vikas Bhavan,Thiruvananthapuram-695 033,
Phone: 0471 - 2304480, 2304481
Link for Contact: link
- Any person desiring to manufacture or to sell, stock or exhibit for sale or distribute any insecticide, or to undertake commercial pest control operations with the use of any insecticide is eligible to make an application to the licensing officer for the grant of a license.
- Education criteria is mandatory. Please check with local agriculture department
Authorities in the agriculture department will provide fee details.
- A license granted under insecticides (Amendment) Act, shall be valid for the period specified therein, May be renewed from time to time for such period and on payment of such fee as may be prescribed.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
License shall be granted in one month time.
Kerala - Apply for Insecticide License
Applicants may approach the Deputy Commissioner, who is in charge of issuing Insecticide License.
- Full Name and Address of the applicant
- Full particulars of the names of insecticides handled in the period and the places at which the trade was carried on, and the principles whom he represented.
- Quantities handled during the past two calendar years
- Situation of the nearest premises where the insecticides will be (a) stored and (b) sold
Need for the Document
The Insecticide Rules of 1971 specify rules about manufacturing, testing and selling of insecticides in India.
Applications for the grant or renewal of a licence to sell, stock or exhibit for sale or distribute insecticides shall be made in Form VI or Form VII, as the case may be, to the licensing officer and shall be accompanied by the fees specified in the rules.
Information which might help
It is advisable to go to the Deputy Commissioners Office between 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.