Kerala - Apply for Goods Carriage Temporary National Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- For instance, Goods carriage temporary national permit may be applied for catering temporary requirements like construction projects from government or public sector. Vehicles might be used for transporting raw materials, mostly the contract holder will use his own vehicle by applying for a temporary permit.
Apply In-Person :
- To apply for Goods Carriage temporary national Permit in Kerala the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which his area belongs to.
- Please follow our “Office Locations & Contacts” section of this page to get details of the RTO offices. Link for RTO contacts: Link for contact
- Application form can be downloaded using the following link: Form
- Application Form : Form
- Please make sure you have all the documents that are listed down the “Required Document” section of this page.
- Please make sure that you are eligible for this procedure
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that can be completed and presented with appropriate fees.
- Present the completed application forms in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Important verifications for the permit includes Vehicle condition, Body built arrangements etc... will be carried by authorities.
- After checking the vehicle for its correctness and other appropriate requirements the application will be processed further.
Apply Online :
- Use the following link : Online and select “Permit Online” option under Other online services
- Select Kerala in the drop down menu and click “proceed”
- Please follow the screen and fill in prompted details to process your online procedure
- Upload required documents and take printout of acknowledgement.
- On the appointment date, go to RTO office before 11:30 am and submit the documents. Once you submit and pay the fee, rest of the procedure will happen as per how you apply in person.
- Use the following link : Appointment and select “Appointment” option under Other online services
- Enter the application number as prompted and click “Get user Details” to process online in getting appointment
- Application Form : Form
- Application for the grant of authorization in Form 46 & 48. Link for form : Form 46, Form 48
- Registration Certificate of the vehicle.
- Fitness Certificate of the vehicle.
- Proof of payment of tax for the current quarter.
- Insurance Certificate.
- Payment of green tax wherever applicable.
- Affidavit Sworn by the applicant before an Executive (or) a First Class Judicial Magistrate (or) Notary Public
- Passport size photos-2
- No object certificate from the financier if the vehicle concerned is covered by HPA / Lease / Hypothecation.
- Pollution under control certificate
- Proof of Address (any one of the following to be produced) :
- Ration Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Electoral Roll
- LIC Policy
- Pay slip issued - Govt. Office (or) a Local Body
- Ration Card
- Age Proof (any one of the following) :
- School Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- School Certificate
Office Locations & Contacts
List of all RTO Office Locations in Kerala
Transport Commissionerate, Motor Vehicles Department, Kerala
2nd Floor, Trans Tower, CV Raman Pillai Rd,
DPI, Vazhuthacaud, Thiruvananthapuram,
Phone: 0471 233 3317
Location in Map
Following link will get RTO Contact details: Link for RTO Contact Info
- You should be the owner of the vehicle.
- The age of the vehicle should not exceed 12 years
- Fee related details are provided under the following link : Fees
- RTO authorities may provide more information on fees
- Permit is usually valid for 4 months and can be extended maximum of one year
- The renewal of permit can be obtained with Vehicle fitness certificate and FC as per authorities of concerned RTO
- The age of the vehicle is also considered to restrict the validity of the permit
NOTE: Validity differs with the type of vehicle and also for the load the vehicle can manage
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes 5 days to get the permit
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of the Applicant
- Father’s Name
- Purpose for which permit is required
- Route and Routes details
- Details of vehicle
Need for the Document
- If National Permit - Temporary is obtained, the vehicle can be operated throughout India.
- Goods Carriage National Permit is needed for a vehicle operator to ply his vehicle in more than 4 states.
- Goods Carriage National Permit means a permit granted by authority to a goods carriage vehicle to operate through-out India or in such States not being less than four in number including the states in which the permit is issued
- The age of the vehicle should not exceed 12 years.
Information which might help
- Holder of the permit shall furnish to the Regional Transport Authority such periodical returns, statistics and other information as the State Government may, from time to time, prescribe.
- FC (for clearance) is a process meant for reviewing the condition of the vehicle by the RTO authorities
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.