Kerala - Apply for Free Dialysis Scheme
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The person requesting for free dialysis can avail the service under Pradhan Mantri National Dialysis Program (PM – NDP).
- Kindly refer to the eligibility criteria section to know the criteria for availing this scheme.
- The person must approach the nearby government multispecialty hospital in his/her district.
- The requestor must get an appointment at the hospital to consult a qualified nephrologist.
- Once patient is examined by the nephrologist, the nephrologist writes down the diagnostic tests (Urea, Creatinine, Sodium, Potassium, complete bio-chemistry & haematology profile) to be done before dialysis.
- These tests should be done through the free diagnostic program or governments own laboratory.
- Based on the test results the nephrologist refers the patient for dialysis in district hospitals which offer free dialysis to patients under (PM – NDP) scheme.
- SMS based appointment system for all patients enrolled for services. The patient gets the appointment time/date through text message from the hospital.
- The Service Provider shall not be entitled to levy any charge on the patients. The services shall be provided completely cashless to all patients referred by district/sub-district hospitals.
The below documents are required for availing free dialysis.
- Identity proof.
- Ration Card.
- Aadhaar card.
- Applicant passport size photograph.
- Below poverty Line ( BPL) certificate
- Residential Proof
- Referral documents from government hospital
- Test Reports
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
The Palakkad District Co-operative Hospital & Research Centre Ltd
Court Road, Palakkad
Pin: 678 001
Palakkad Town (Court Road) : 0491 2536293,2536955,2520391
Kallekkad: 0491 2509000
Fax: 0491 2526777
E-mail ID: [email protected] [email protected]
Poverty Line and below poverty line patients can apply for free dialysis scheme. The annual income of the person must be less than 1 lac per annum. All kidney patients in the district who are not either government employees or draw a pension of less than ₹3 lakhs per year can be included in this scheme.
The patients can avail this service at free of cost. The hospitals cannot levy any additional charges on the patients. Government takes care of their treatment.
The Pradhan Mantri National Dialysis Program was introduced in 2016 for a time period of 5 years and can be extended further.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Based on the health condition of the patient appointments are given for treatment on priority basis. Generally it takes one or two days for processing the request.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- In Kerala in-house dialysis facility is available.
- Patients can make use of this service and can setup the dialysis unit at home.
- Training is given to a family member to look after the patient.
- Patient can visit the hospital only thrice in a week.
- Financial support is provided to all State/UT to provide dialysis services completely free.
- Below poverty line patients can produce the BPL certificate as a proof.
- Service provider hospital should provide medical human resource, dialysis machine along with RO water plant infrastructure, dialyzer and consumables.
- Payer Government should provide space in District Hospitals, Drugs, Power and water supply and pay for the cost of dialysis for the poor patients.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure.
- Name of the applicant.
- Mobile number.
- Ration card number.
- Aadhaar card number
Need for the Document
- This scheme is introduced to increase availability of the number of dialysis machines in the Government hospitals and Dialysis Centres for poor patients.
- Strengthening of district hospitals has always been a key priority under national health mission so that beneficiaries could receive affordable multi-specialty care such as provision of dialysis service close to their place of stay
- The service provider shall be reimbursed at the rate of dialysis per session by the State Health authority.
- The in-house dialysis facility is an added advantage for patients who need to travel long distances for hospital visits.
- It is important to discuss various treatment options in detail with the doctor before starting the treatment.
Information which might help
- Never furnish fraudulent details for availing this facility. This will lead to punishment.
- Always check your name spelling while applying
- Daily patients register including outside as well as for patients referred by District Hospital are separately maintained.
- The provider shall take a third party insurance policy to cover the patients sent by the District Hospital against any mishap during patient transport, inside the dialysis facility and for consequences arising due to reporting error.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document / certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.