Kerala - Apply for Food Business Operator (FBO) License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Every food business (manufacturing, processing, storage distribution and sale of food products) operator must compulsorily obtain FSSAI Registration or License
- Please approach the food and safety department to register.
- Link for contact details : link
- Obtain the application form from the respective counter OR download using the following link. link
- Submit the completed application form duly signed by the proprietor/partner or the authorised signatory as applicable.
- This application can be accepted or it may be rejected by the Department within 7 days from the application date and the fact will be intimated to the applicant in writing
- If the application is accepted, this application will be processed internally.
- Once scrutiny, verification and inspection (if applicable) are satisfactory, then the department will grant a registration certificate carrying unique registration number along with the photo of the applicant.
- To Apply for FBO license, you can use the FOSCOS website. Please click the following link:FOSCOS Website
- After visiting the link, you have to click the “CLICK HERE FOR FOSCOS" tab.
- Click the “Login-Businesses” tab and Under User sign-in Box enter your user name, password and captcha code and Click on the “sign-in” button to login.
- If you are a new user, then Click on the Sign up tab and fill all the required details and enter the captcha code and Click on the “Sign up” tab.
- After that you will receive a mail and now the username and password will be activated for new users.
- After successful log-in, Click on the License/Registration and Select the Apply for License/Registration on the Left menu.
- Next select the state from the dropdown list box and read the Note.
- Next select the kind of your business and Select your business type from the list of options.
- Next Click on the radio button and finally click on the “Proceed” tab.
- On the next page, Click on the “Click here to apply Central License for all Businesses”.
- Next Form-B page will be displayed, fill all the required information under premises details section and Click on the “Save & Next” tab.
- On the Production selection page, fill all the details for DGFT Authentication and Click on the “Proceed with DGFT validation” to authenticate the details.
- Next Click on the “Save” to save the authenticated details. After Successfully Proceeding with DGFT validation, Click on the “Save & Next”.
- Next fill all the Communication details and Click on the “Save & Next”.
- Under required documents section upload all the relevant documents and Click on the “Save & Next”.
- Next pay the fees and submit the application.
- After Successful Completing the payment, a receipt will be generated with a 17-digit reference number make a print of it and keep it safe for future reference.
- You can track the application through the Home page.
- This application will be processed by them and they will notify you through your e-mail or by SMS.
- Please use the following link for details of documents to be attached.
- Link: link1 and Link2Select the appropriate option to view the required documents.
- Application form: form B
- Aadhaar card
- Passport size photograph
- Self Declaration
- Blueprint / layout plan of processing unit
- List of directors / proprietors / partners as applicable
- Photo ID and address proof of the above people as applicable
- Machinery details
- Analysis report
- Proof of possession of premises
- Partnership deed / affidavit
- Cooperative certificate if applicable
- NOC & copy of license from manufacturers (in case of repacking)
- Food safety management plan
- Raw material source (Milk/meat)
- pesticide residue report
- NOC from municipality or local body
- Form IX - board resolution
- Declaration form (In case of Delhi & Himachal Pradesh)
- Note : Please show above mentioned documents in original and attested copies thereof (to be submitted) at the time of applying.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Office of the Commissioner of Food Safety,
Thaycud.P.O,Thiruvananthapuram - 695014
Ph: 0471-2322833, 2322844
E-mail: [email protected]
Contact link:Contact link
Food Safety and Standard Authority of India
03rd & 04th Floor, FDA Bhawan, Kotla Road
near Bal Bhawan New Delhi - 110002 India.
Toll free Number: 1800112100
Contact link: link
Please follow the link for eligibility criteria : link
Please use the following link for fees details. link.
- Maximum of five years and need to be renewed
- FBO should prominently display the certificate of registration at the place of business during the business hours.
Documents to Use
Sample DocumentsSelect the appropriate option to view the Sample documents.
7 to 30 days 7 to 30 days
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- Generally, FBO who are large manufacturers, importers, exporters dealing in large-scale food business need to obtain FSSAI registration from central government
- FBO with small to medium sized manufacturing units, transporters, marketers, traders, etc., need to take FSSAI registration from the state government.
Information which might help
For all other FBO apart from small-scale business, FSSAI license has to be obtained
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.