Kerala - Apply for Fisher Men or Women Identity (ID) Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicants must visit the offices or sub-offices of the Director/Assistant Director, Department of Fisheries in your respective districts to apply for a “Fishermen/Fisherwomen ID Card”. Contact Link
- Collect the “Fishermen/Fisherwomen ID Card” form from the office of fisheries.
- Now complete the form with the necessary information and make sure you have all the documents in hand that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- After filling the form, attach the documents mentioned in the “Required Documents” section below with the completed application form.
- Check the application form and then submit it to the concerned authority.
- Now pay the required application fee to the concerned authority.
- The verification officer after validating the application form and the documents will provide you with an acknowledgement/receiving slip.
- Collect the acknowledgement/receiving slip and keep it safe for future reference.
- The application will be processed further internally by the concerned authorities.
- If the verification authority is satisfied with the application form and the documents submitted then the ID card will be processed.
- Once it is processed, and the ID card is ready, the applicant will receive an SMS or call on the registered mobile number to collect it.
- The applicant will be required to carry the acknowledgement/receiving slip along with them when going to collect the ID card from the office or sub-office of the Department of Fisheries of their respective district.
- Carry the original documents while visiting the offices and sub-offices of the Department of Fisheries to apply for a “Fishermen/Fisherwomen ID card”.
- The fishing vessel or craft owner has to submit the application form to the concerned officer in physical form.
- Application Form for Fishermen/Fisherwomen ID card
- Copy of “Registration certificate of the Fishing vessel” issued by Directorate of Fisheries to the Owner(s) of the fishing vessel.
- ID Proofs such as Aadhaar card/ Voter ID card/ PAN Card/ Driving License/ Ration Card etc of all Fisherman/Fisherwoman employed by the Owner(s) for the Vessel.
- Copy of Aadhaar is compulsory for all Fisherman/Fisherwoman/Crew employed.
- Copy of Biometric cards/ Fishermen/Fisherwomen License issued by the Department of Fisheries, Government of India.
- Copy of the Previous License of the Fishing vessel issued by Directorate to vessel owner(s) (if any).
- Copy of previous ID cards issued by Directorate to Fishermen/Fisherwomen (if any).
- Proof of Bank details of Fishermen for transfer of Subsidies and Benefits from the Department of Fisheries. (if they are eligible)
- ID Proof such as Aadhaar card/ Voter ID card/ PAN Card/ Driving License/ Ration Card etc for each nominee appointed Fisherman/Fisherwomen/Crew for Insurance purpose along with their bank account details.
- Passport Photographs of all Fisherman/Fisherwoman/Crew.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
DIRECTORATE OF FISHERIES,
Contact and address of Offices and Sub Offices of Department of Fisheries: Contact Link
- The owner(s) should have a valid registration certificate of his/her fishing vessel or craft.
- Fishermen/Fisherwomen must be actively involved in fishing for livelihood.
- Fishermen/Fisherwomen must be 18 years or above on the date of application.
- Fishermen/Fisherwomen must have a valid fishermen/fisherwomen license.
- The applicant must be a resident of India.
- Details about the application fee for the fishermen/fisherwomen ID card shall be provided by the concerned issuing officer.
- The ‘Fishermen/Fisherwomen ID Card’ is valid for a year unless it is suspended or cancelled earlier by the concerned authorities.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- The time taken to process License or Permit for Fishing Vessel is 7 days.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Before applying for ID cards here are a few things to know:
- The owner(s) of the fishing vessel or craft has to apply for ID cards for the fishermen/fisherwomen/crew employed by him for his fishing vessel or craft.
- The owner(s) is required to register their fishing craft or vessel before applying for the ID cards for the Fishermen/Fisherwomen/Crew.
- Name of the fishermen/fisherwomen/crew member.
- Permanent address of the fishermen/fisherwomen/crew member.
- Correspondent address of the fishermen/fisherwomen/crew member.
- Date of birth of the fishermen/fisherwomen/crew member.
- Age of the fishermen/fisherwomen/crew members.
- Father’s / Husband’s name of the fishermen/fisherwomen/crew member.
- Name of the nominee appointed by fishermen/fisherwomen/crew members.
- Permanent address of the nominee appointed by the fishermen/fisherwomen/crew member.
- Correspondent address of the nominee appointed by the fishermen/fisherwomen/crew member.
- Aadhaar card number of the fishermen/fisherwomen/crew member.
- Bank Account details of the fishermen/fisherwomen/crew members.
- Bank Account details of the nominee appointed by the fishermen/fisherwomen/crew member.
- Fishermen/Fisherwomen License Number.
- Fishing vessel or craft registration number in which the fishermen/fisherwomen/crew member is employed.
- Fishing vessel or craft License number in which the fishermen/fisherwomen/crew member is employed.
- Name of the Fishing vessel or craft in which the fishermen/fisherwomen/crew member is employed.
- Name of the owner of the Fishing vessel or craft in which the fishermen/fisherwomen/ crew member is employed.
- Details of base port for both east and west coast.
- Type of vessel (Motorized mechanical/ Motorized non-mechanical/Non Motorized/ open/semi decked/decked fitted with auxiliary engine).
Need for the Document
- The Government of India started issuing “Biometric Identity Cards” to fishermen in order to ensure coastal security in the aftermath of the 26.11.2008 Mumbai terrorist attack.
- The government of India provides various aids to the fishermen and their families which can be availed only by having the license/ID cards.
- The government of India provides various upliftment programs such as education quota, employment opportunities, and various welfare schemes to fishermen and their families on the basis of the license/ID cards.
- The government of India also provides subsidies to fishermen having the license/ID cards.
- The government of India provides accidental insurance to fishermen/ fisherwomen which can be claimed only by having a valid license/ID card.
- The ID cards are used to identify fishermen/fisherwomen who go into the deep seas/oceans for fishing.
Information which might help
- A penalty of INR 10 will be charged for each fisherman/fisherwoman/crew member per month beyond the due date of renewal of the ID cards.
- The ID card is a “Unique Computerized Identity Card” issued by the Department of Fisheries in a laminated format to the vessel of craft owner(s)/fisherman fisherwoman/ crew members.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairying, Government of India: website link
More information which might help people.