Kerala - Apply for Fertilizer (Insecticide) Manufacturing License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
To get the fertilizer manufacture license the applicant must follow the below procedure.
- The applicant has to reach out to the licensing officer of the respective state agriculture department requesting the application form for manufacture license.
- The contact for agriculture department is available in location and contacts section below.
- The licensing officer grants the application form after receiving the prescribed fee from the applicant.
- Applicant can download the form link Form.
- If an insecticide is proposed to be manufactured at more than one place, separate applications shall be made and separate licenses shall be issued in respect of every such place
- The licensing officer grants the license only if the applicant satisfy the eligibility criteria as mentioned in the eligibility section.
- The applicant can fill up the requested details and then submit the application form to the licensing officer.
- The application fee can be sent as demand draft along with the application form and the supporting documents as mentioned in the "Required Documents" section of this page.
- The applicant will get intimation for inspection of premises through post or mobile. The insecticide inspector will inspect the premises where the fertilizer is manufactured and the staffs involved in the manufacturing process.
- The reports are submitted to officer for reference.
- No license to manufacture an insecticide shall be granted unless the licensing officer is satisfied that necessary plant and machinery, safety devices and first-aid facilities, etc., exist in the premises where the insecticide is proposed to be manufactured.
- If all the criteria is satisfied the license is granted to the manufacturing unit. This is intimated to the applicant by post.
- The applicant can collect their copy of license from the licensing officer at the office.
The below documents are required
- Application form complete
- Original Challan duly countersigned by the officer in charge of the Krishibhavan
- Copy of CIB Registration Certificate
- Building / Premise Suitability Certificate
- Plant and Machinery Certificate
- Building / Premise Ownership Certificate OR Consent of Building Owner with attested copy of Lease Agreement
- License / Fee Remittance Receipt from the Local Body
- Attested copy of Educational Qualification, Job Offer & Job Acceptance Letter of the Expert Staff
- List of Products with complete details as per the Performa.
- Any Other Details
- NOC from the Local body
- NOC from State Pollution Control Board
- Application for NOC in letter pad
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Agriculture Development and Farmers' Welfare
Vikas Bhavan,Thiruvananthapuram-695 033
Phone: 0471 - 2304480, 2304481
E-mail: [email protected]
- A person who applies for manufacturing license shall possess or shall employ a person possessing Master's degree in Chemistry with a Doctorate or a graduate degree in Chemical Engineering for manufacture of technical grade pesticides or a graduate degree in Agriculture Science with Chemistry for manufacture of pesticide formulation.
- Any person desiring to manufacture or to sell, stock or exhibit for sale or distribute any insecticide or to undertake commercial pest control operations with the use of any insecticide may make an application to the licensing officer for the grant of a license.
The fees structure varies with the type of insecticide classified. Fee of Rs. 50/- per product to a maximum of Rs 500/-
A license granted under insecticides (Amendment) Act, shall be valid for the period of 2 years, may be renewed from time to time for such period and on payment of such fee as may be prescribed.
Documents to Use
Application form – : Form.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The time take for processing the application is 30 days.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- If the licensee wants to manufacture/sell, stock or exhibit for sale of distribute/stock and use for commercial pest control operations, any additional insecticide, he may apply to the licensing officer for addition in the licence for each such insecticide on payment of the prescribed fee.
- The license shall be displayed in the prominent place in the premises for which the license is being issued and shall be produced for inspection as and when required by an Insecticide Inspector, Licensing Officer or any other Officer authorised by the Government in this regard.
- Any change in the name of the expert staff, named in the licence, shall forthwith be reported to the licensing officer.
- No consumable items for human being/animals will be stored in the same premises where Insecticides are stored.
- There must be adequate space and facilities to stock insecticides, so as to maintain their quality on shelf.
- If the licensee wants to undertake during the currency of the license to manufacture for sale additional insecticides, he shall apply to the licensing officer for the necessary endorsement in the license on payment of the prescribed fee for every category of insecticides.
1. Details of Land Documents
2. Industry Registration number from State Industry Department.
3. List of Tech Expert with his Qualification,
4. First Aid facility (from the contact Doctor),
5. Product ingredient which are to be formulated.
6. List of Machineries / equipment’s.
7. Sketch Map of the area of Manufacturer Unit.
8. Verification report from concerned District Agricultural Officer
Need for the Document
- A person who wants to produce, sell, stock, or distribute any insecticide are required to apply for insecticide license.
- Traders has to strictly follow the Government classification of Insecticide for different use in agriculture or in industries. In order to be eligible for dealing with such classified insecticides, one has to get license.
Information which might help
- Insecticide Act to regulate the import, manufactures, sale, transport, distribution and use of insecticides with a view to prevent risk to human beings or animals and for matters connected therewith. It extends to the whole of India.
- The Insecticide Rules of 1971 specify rules about manufacturing, testing and selling of insecticides in India
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what other uses of obtaining this document /certificate are. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity
Place some external links which might help.
The holder of a license has failed to comply with the conditions subject to which the license was granted or has contravened any of the provisions of this Act or the rules made there under. Then, without prejudice to any other penalty to which the holder of the license may be liable under this Act, the licensing officer may, after giving the holder of the license an opportunity of showing cause, revoke or suspend the license.