Kerala - Apply for Family Identity Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- In order to obtain new ration card, applicant should get the application form from the respective Akshaya centers Or at the local TSO(Taluk Supply Office)/DSO office Or through online. Link for form: link
- Link to locate akshaya, PDS department office: link AND link
- Go to the respective food and logistic center and submit the complete application form and attach all the required documents.
- Authority will issue a receipt as an acknowledgement for the application made. Please keep it safe for further reference.
- This application is sent automatically to the concerned Ward/ Grama Panchayath official for verification through computer software.
- The concerned official visits the house of the applicant for verification and approves the ration card, if the applicant is found eligible.
- Further processing will result in issuance of ration card to the eligible applicant.
- Note: The applicant is informed through SMS at various stages i.e., Advance intimation about date of visit of the official to his place of residence for verification of his application, Approval/Rejection of his application.
Apply through Akshaya
- Applicant must visit the nearest Akshaya center. Link for center: link
- Applicant shall obtain application form from the centre or download it using the link : link
- Submit the completed application, document and applicable fees to the centre staff.
- Application submitted will be processed and receipt with application number will be issued.
- Application will be processed by the respective department. From this point onwards, authorities will do the due diligence to issue the certificate. SMS triggered update on application status will be sent to applicant mobile.
- Please go to: link
- Use the ‘Citizen Login’ on the “Civil Supplies” website to access the service (if you are a new user, please use create an account option to register and then login)
- Once login, please follow as per page prompt and select right option to reach next page for online application.
- Complete the application for the requirement and upload the required document.
- Please take the printout of the application after completing the requirement. Go to the TSO to process by submitting the application form and required documents.
- Further process will be carried by the respective department to issue the ration card.
- Respective application form
- A copy of original residential proof.
- A copy of age certificate / school leaving certificate of the head of the family.
- A copy of income proof of the family - that income of the family is below from the prescribed limit.
- A copy of identity proof like voter ID card, driving license, Aadhaar card.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant.
- Self Declaration and Certificate From Pradhan/Ward Councilor.
- Mobile number or Email addresses may be filled up in the format to enable this department to send an automated message to the applicant on the status of the application.
- A self addressed and stamped postal cover or postcard to enable the office to communicate the results to the applicant.
- Tenancy agreement if the applicant is a tenant.
Office Locations & Contacts
Civil Supplies Department,
Room No.521, 2ndFloor, South Sandwich Block,
Link for Contacts : link
- The applicant and his/her family must be Indian citizens and should be resident of the state.
- The applicant or his family members must not possess any family card in any State in India (If they had one, it has to be withdrawn).
- The applicant and members of the family must be close relatives.
- If you are newly married and have your name in your family ration card, you and your spouse should get name deletion certificates (Removing names from your respective family cards).
Authorities will provide information of fee required
Family identity card is valid for lifetime and will be renewed based on announcement.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will be 15 to 30 days.
Kerala - Online Apply for Family Identity Card (Ration Card)
Kerala - Apply for Family Identity Card (Ration Card)
The Directorate of Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs is the one responsible of issuing ration cards to residents of State.
- Name of Head of the Family
- Fathers/Husbands Name
- Annual Family Income
- FIC Type
- BPL Family Sl No.
- Residential Status
- Present Residential Address
Need for the Document
For implementation of the Targeted Public Distribution System(TPDS), Family Identity Cards (Ration Cards) are being issued to all the heads of families, with details about family members included in the card. Based on their economic condition, people can buy goods like food grains, sugar and kerosene with the help of their ration cards. This card also serves for identification purpose and for obtaining low cost food items through ration outlets.
Types of ration card:
- Antyodaya ration cards, issued to the poorest of the poor.
- Below Poverty Line (BPL) cards.
- Above Poverty Line (APL) cards.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
Public Distribution System covers commodities such as:
- Kerosene Oil