Kerala - Apply for Electrical Supervisor Certificate (Workmen Permit)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Apply In Person (With exam):
- The applicant must collect the Application Form from District Offices of the Department of Electrical Inspectorate.
- The cost of the Application form is Rs. 110/- and the examination fees is Rs. 360/-.
- The duly Filled Application form must be addressed to The Secretary, Kerala State Electricity Licensing Board.
- The applicant must appear for the examination which requires 50% minimum for passing.
- The applicant who successfully passes the exam in both Written and Practical Examination will be issued supervisor permit and Competency Certificate.
Apply In Person (Exempted Category):
- The applicant who has Degree in Electrical Engineering or Diploma in Electrical Engineering with one year Experience can collect the application form from District Offices of the Department of Electrical Inspectorate at the cost of Rs 110/-.
- The Competency for the award of Supervisor permit is evaluated by conducting an interview
- The fees for issue of Supervisor permit and Competency Certificate is Rs 720 /-.
- The permits are granted with scope of
- All LT and MV Electrical Installations upto 25 kW including Generator installations upto 25 kVA
- All LT and MV Electrical Installations upto 50 kW including Generator installations upto 50 kVA
- All LT and MV Electrical Installations upto 150 kW including Generator installations upto 150 kVA
- All LT and MV Electrical Installations upto 250 kW including Generator installations upto 250 kVA
- The candidate must be a domicile of India.
- Self-declaration in own hand
- Testimonials of practical experience as an Electrical workman from any Licensed Contractor/Registered Company
- Scanned copy of Passport size photograph.
- Treasury Challan.
- Age proof Certificate. (PAN Card, School leaving certificate, Aadhar card, Birth certificate issued by Corporation / Municipality / Panchayat)
- Address proof (Domicile certificate / Aadhaar Card)
- ITI Electrician pass certificate.
- NCVT certificate.
- All scanned copies should be below 450 kb.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Electrical Inspectorate
Office of the Chief Electrical Inspector
Housing Board Building, Shanti Nagar
0471-2330291 (Addl. CEI, Fax)
0471-2331159 (Dy.CEI, Secretary KSELB)
Email id : [email protected] , [email protected]
For Enquiries in Kerala State Electricity Licensing Board, Contact :0471-2339233
Contact link: Link
- The applicant must be a domicile of India.
- The applicant should possess workmen Permit Class VIII pass.
- The applicant should possess Electrical Supervisor’s Certificate of Competency Degree in Electrical Engineering or Diploma in Electrical Engineering or must be a person with 10 (Ten) years experience in electrical works.
- Application form: Rs. 110/-
- Examination fees: Rs. 360/-
- The permits are to be renewed once in 5 years.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- 90 Days
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or Country of Birth.
Need for the Document
- New Electrical Supervisor License is the service provided to the citizen by the government for availing the license to work as a registered electrical supervisor.
- Electrical Supervisors are electrical contractors who oversee the work done by electricians on a job site. They are responsible for ensuring that all safety and compliance standards are met and to provide technical assistance when necessary.
Information which might help
Enter other information which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.