Kerala - Apply for Duplicate Ration Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Apply for a duplicate ration card, when…
- Original Ration Card is Totally Damaged
- Original Ration Card is stolen
- Original Ration Card is Lost or Misplaced
- In order to obtain a duplicate ration card, Please approach the ration shop of your area or respective local TSO(Taluk Supply Office)/DSO office as applicable.
- Link for contact: link OR link for TSO please select the link as appropriate OR FPS dealer link please select the menu “DS Stake Holders >> In States >> FPS Dealers OR District food and supply officer in both the above link, please select the respective state to get the new page. Here fill the page prompt and hit respective tab to get details.
- Please go to the respective office.
- Applicant shall obtain the form from the respective office (please pay for the form if required) Or a written/electronically typed application on A4 plain sheet as advised shall be used or use the following link : link and use the applicable link to get form.
- The Head of Family Must write a letter stating the reason behind a new ration card request and attach the remains of original ration card (in case of damaged ration card) or the copy of report registered with police station (in case of lost or stolen ration card).
- Please submit the completed application along with required documents to the respective authority.
- Applicant shall provide their finger print as advised by the authorities.
- Authorities after checking the submitted application along with attached documents will make entries and provide you record number for reference.
- Keep it safe for future reference.
- This application will be processed internally to issue the ration card as per notification.
Apply through Akshaya
- Applicant must visit the nearest Akshaya center. Link for center: link
- Applicant shall obtain application form from the centre or download it using the link : link Please use the appropriate link.
- Submit the completed application, document and applicable fees to the centre staff.
- Application submitted will be processed and receipt with application number will be issued.
- Application will be processed by the respective department. From this point onwards, authorities will do the due diligence to issue the card. SMS triggered update on application status will be sent to applicant mobile.
- Application form.
- Remains of original ration card or Copy of report registered with Police Station
- Residence Proof (Example – Electricity Bill, Water Bill, Aadhaar Card, Passport),
- Xerox copy of Ration Card (If Available)
- Aadhaar Card
- Local Certificate / Election Card / PAN / Driving license / Passport
- Passport Size Photographs
- Self declaration (as adviced)
Office Locations & Contacts
Commissionerate of Civil Supplies.:
Public Office Building, LMS Vellayambalam Rd,
University of Kerala Senate House Campus,
Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695033.
Phone: 0471 2321152
Link for contact : Contact Info
- A valid ration card holder.
- Fee information can be obtained directly from the respective office while applying.
- Validity remains same
- Usually Family identity card is valid for lifetime and will be renewed in 5 years or based on announcement.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will be 2 – 3 week’s time
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
Following are the required information to apply..
- Applicant details.
- Address details.
- Signature/thumb impression.
Need for the Document
- For implementation of the Targeted Public Distribution System(TPDS), Ration Card is being issued to all the heads of families, with details about family members included in the card. Based on their economic condition, people can buy goods like food grains, sugar and kerosene with the help of their ration cards.
- Ration card is essential to apply for passport, PAN card or a domicile certificate or to even get the name registered for electoral rolls to get a Voter ID. Hence one need to apply for duplicate copy and obtain the same.
Information which might help
- The eligible sections of the society are provided with food grains and other items at highly subsidized rates.
- In different state the Ration card is categorized as per classification fixed by government.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.