Kerala - Apply for Drainage (Sewer) Connection
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Residents of Kerala could get a new Drainage or Sewer connection through the following procedure.
- To apply for a drainage or sewer connection, one has to visit the concerned Executive Engineer’s Office in your area.
- Before applying, please consult with the concerned authority regarding all the requirements necessary for getting a new drainage connection.
- Procure the application form from the Water supply and sanitation department Head Office or Area Offices by paying the application fee if applicable District wise officers
- In the procured form, fill all the required details.
- Attach the photocopy of all the required documents with the application form.
- Pay the service charges as instructed and attach the payment receipt or challan with the application form.
- Register your connection at the registration counter by submitting the documents along with the paid challan.
- You will receive an acknowledgement slip specifying the date and the registration number for further reference.
- Your application will now be forwarded to the concerned area officer for sanction.
- Site inspections will be made by the authority officers and any correction regarding the application will be notified to the applicant.
- After all the requirements and changes have been met by the applicant, the connection will be provided.
Note: Before filling your application or before applying, read all the instructions provided in the application form
- Ownership details.
- True copy of plans sanctioned by Local Authority.
- Copy of Notice issued for assessment of property tax with floor wise assessment details.
- Copies of letters seeking assessment of property tax, water and sewerage tax.(if not assessed).
- Drawings showing internal plumbing work and connection to public sewerage main with length, nature of Road portion such as mud/platform, Tar Bitument/WBM etc., singed by owner/applicant.
- Registration No. of sewer application with copy of the challan for having paid the connection charges.
- Proof of having paid taxes / charges up to date (photocopy to be enclosed)
- True copy of Completion certificate issued by the Local Authority wherever is applicable.
- Proof of having paid Infrastructure Development charges where ever applicable.
- Floor wise area details for each dwellings/ flats / apartments( to be enclosed in a separate sheet).
- An Indemnity Bond in the specimen copy attached to be enclosed on a Non-Judicial Stamp Paper incorporating the conditions.
- Address proof and Id proof of the applicant from the following:
- Aadhaar card
- Driving Licence
- Ration card
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
Note: Other required documents have to be submitted if necessary. Carry the original and photocopy of the necessary documents for any cross verifications to be made. Keep the original documents ready during site inspection.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Contact numbers and locations of area offices: District wise officers
- The building should have proper rainwater harvesting arrangements.
- Building and internal plumbing works have to be completed.
- Water Tax should have been paid up to date.
Please inquire about the following charges while applying:
- Application form fee
- Scrutiny Charges
- Connection charges
- Security Deposit
- Sewerage Charges
- The sewer connection will function without any issue as long as the required charges are paid and the rules are followed.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. Links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Processing time for a new drainage connection could take up to 30 days or according to the time informed while applying.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Please fill all the mandatory fields before submitting the application.
- Make sure that valid details are provided.
- Any difference between the provided details and on-site information could cost you a penalty or extra charges.
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the premises for which sewer connection is sought
- Zonal Details
- Building area details
- Plumbing line details
Need for the Document
- Proper disposal of waste water and excreta is one the most important aspect of maintaining proper sanitation of a city or town. Biodegradable waste could pollute the environment and spread diseases on failing to properly dispose them. It is the duty of every citizen to take necessary steps to keep the country clean and safe.
- Sewerage Connection is one of the methods that allows the citizen to connect their household sewerage with the government's sewerage system which later gets treated and is disposed efficiently.
- Sewerage Connection is a much more efficient means of sewage disposal than septic tanks, especially in highly populated developed cities.
Information which might help
- Gully, floor trap and gratings have to be provided as per standards.
- Do not allow rain water to enter the sewer.
- Do not throw clothes, rags, broken crockery's, cut pieces of vegetables/eatables etc. into sewer system.
- Increase the sewer size according to the number of closets.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.