Kerala - Apply for Dealer License under Weights and Measure
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Those who wanted to do business in weight and measure dealership, then one has to apply for the dealer license with the respective state legal metrology department.
- Applicant shall approach office of the designated local Legal Metrology Officer (Assistant Controller of Legal Metrology / controller of legal metrology / Inspectorate Offices) under whose dominion the proposed unit is located.
- Link for contact details : link please use the respective district for contact details.
- Go to the office.
- Obtain the application form or write on a A4 sheet as advised.
- Link for application form : Application
- After filling/completing application form attach all the required documents as per our required document section.
- Submit the document set along with required/applicable fee to the receiving authority.
- Submitted application will be verified by the authorities. If all are in place, application will be accepted.
- Authorities will verify the submitted details.
- Authority after examining the application and finding it suitable for grant of License may require the applicant to deposit the required fee.
- Make payment at the respective counters and don’t forget to take the receipt.
- Once the fee is deposited and copy thereof received by the competent authority the application will be processed further.
- Applicant gets notification from the department. Please follow the notification and guidelines from the authority.
- Authorities will scrutinize and verify the documents. After inspection of premises report will be submitted for final approval.
- Decision will be made by the designated authority for issuance of license.
- Applicant gets notification about the approval. License will be delivered as per applicable norms.
- If the license is refused due to non-compliance of all or any of the requirements, the decision duly reasoned shall be communicated within 15 days to the applicant.
- If a dealer wants to trade and market weights and measures in more than one state, he/she must obtain separate dealer license for each desired state of operation.
- The premises should be suitable and adequate (not less than the area as prescribed)
- Application form
- Identity & Residential Proof.
- 2 Passport size photo.
- Letter of Consent from the Manufacturer who wish to appoint you as a Dealer
- Manufacturing Licence if you intend to import weights & measures from outside the State.
- Model Approval Certificate of weights and measures to be deal with.
- GST Registration / Professional Tax / Labour Licence.
- Trade Licence from respective ADC in case of Non-Tribal as per area requirement.
- Authenticated document regarding Proprietorship
- In case the firm is not a proprietorship concern the firm should submit a copy of Partnership deed duly attested by First Class Magistrate / Notary / Oath Commissioner and in case of Private Company or Limited Company, Memorandum of Association approved by the Ministry of Company Affairs, Govt. of India.
- Premises - ownership documents/ registered rent or leave license agreement or lease agreement NOC from the owner / NOC of the member if the premise is owned by family member.
- Machinery, tools and equipment list
- PAN card
- Self-declaration about whether the Applicant has violated any of the provisions of Legal Metrology Act, 2009 or rules made there under.
- Latest electricity bill.
- Aadhar card of directors
- Self-attested copy of the applicable documents should be attached
- Apart from the above listed documents, authorities may ask for additional information or document. Please provide them for smooth processing.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
- Applicant should be the citizen of India
- Age limit 18 years and above
- An individual or a company registered under government act is eligible to apply.
- Proof of financial status
- Fee details shall be obtained while applying. There are category based fee structures, which applicant need to pay while applying.
Every licence issued to a manufacturer shall be valid for a minimum period of one calendar year and can be renewed.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- 30 working days.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M%22 Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- If the importer/manufacturer want to act as the dealer of the equipment, he/she must also obtain the Dealer License in addition to the importer/manufacturer license.
- The shop premises should be suitable and adequate and must be of independent entrance without opening any residential part of the premises.
- Don’t forget to take all the originals of the document along with copy for applying.
- Better inform a chartered accountant and take his assistance.
- Ensure that application is complete before submission.
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the applicant
- Father's Name
- email ID
- Mobile number
Need for the Document
- The Department issues dealership licence for dealing in weighing & measuring instruments.
- Dealership activity with respect to weights and measure without this license is punishable. So, one has to follow the steps as explained in this procedure to obtain one.
Information which might help
- A licence issued or renewed under this Act shall not be saleable or transferable.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.