Kerala - Apply for Animal Post Mortem
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
After an animal dies, a post-mortem has to be done to collect insurance or to detect cause of death inorder to prevent spread of disease if any.
- The Department of Animal HusbandryandVeterinary for the respective state is the concerned department for this process.
- Contact the nearest Veterinary Officer/doctor from Department of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary in your area immediately after death of an animal.
- Link for contact details : link AND link for respective state contact.
- Go to the office, write the application form on a plain sheet of paper in the prescribed format and submit it along with required documents listed under our “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Applicant should inform the Insurance Company if the post-mortem is required for insurance claim.
- This application after acceptance will be processed.
- The nearest Veterinary Surgeon may investigate the matter to get more information relevant to the subject if felt necessary.
- The veterinary surgeon will perform the post mortem and give the report within a maximum period of 3 (three) days.
- If in case the death is suspected due to any disease and Designated Veterinary Surgeon will send samples (morbid or sera) to laboratory for testing.
- Veterinary Surgeon will give the post mortem report within 3 (three) days of receipt of the test results from the laboratory.
- Applicant applying for valuation certificate should mention the details (type of animal. The Purpose and use of the animal - Milking/breeding/ploughing of animal for which the valuation certificate is required)
- Application form
- Residential Proof: Residential Certificate issued by Local administration office/ Aadhaar card / Passport / Driving License / Ration Card / Govt. Id card / Defence ID Card / PAN Card.
- Aadhaar card
- All original and copy of original with self attestation as advised by respective authorities to be submitted as per requirement.
- Apart from the above documents authorities may ask to submit additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
- Citizens of India and resident of state are eligible whose animal/bird is needed to be validated or to find the reason for sudden death.
- Within 7 days of death.
This service doesn’t require fees, but charges for affixing stamp may be required as applicable.
The post mortem report is valid forever.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- 3 days. If there is any lab test required, then the actual time for test result shall be added.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents.
e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of the applicant
- Father Name
- Address of the applicant
- Mobile Number
- Details of animal including Sex, Ageetc.
- Time and date of death of bird/animal
- Colour and Identification mark.
- Purpose of the animal/bird (milking/breeding/for meat etc)
Need for the Document
- In the event of death of an animal, post-mortem examination may be performed to determine the cause of death.
- It is also used as a diagnostic aid to undertake preventive measures in case of infectious or contagious diseases by the department.
Information which might help
- Post mortem examination is also done in abattoirs to determine the quality of meat meant for human consumption.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.