Kerala - Apply for Agriculturist Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Agriculturist certificate is issued to a person who owns and possesses land in their respective state and who is engaged in production of agricultural produce by himself or by hired labour or otherwise, but does not include any market functionary.
- The Revenue Department of the respective state is the concerned department for the issuance of the agriculturist certificate. The tahsildar/ designated authority of the respective tehsil are the competent authority to sanction the certificate.
- To get the agriculturist certificate, one has to apply with the nearest office of the concerned tahsildar/ the designated appropriate authorityfor your area declaring that they belong to agriculture family.
- Link for contact details :link Please select the “District” and “LBtype“ from the drop down list as appropriate and click “Submit” button to locate the address and Link2
- Go to the respective office.
- Collect the application form or write on a plain A4 sheet as advised.
- Complete the application form. Attach all the documents as per our “Required Documents” section and submit it to the designated authority.
- Authorities will check the submitted application and document set. If all are in place the application will be accepted with applicable fees as applicable.
- Authorities will make entries about this application in the manual record or electronically using computer. The applicant will be provided with record number as acknowledgement for future reference.
- This application will be processed internally. Issuing authority will forward this application to the respective Village officer / Patwari to check the land records.
- Village officer / Patwari will cross-check the details submitted by applicant with the respective land records. After the cross verification, a verification report will be sent back to the issuing authority.
- Based on the outcome of the above report and other internal processing the issuing authority will make a decision.
- The status, viz. Approval or Rejection if any will be conveyed to the applicant through an SMS.
- If approved, the certificate will be hand delivered or sent through post to the address mentioned while applying or issued as per applicable norms.
- Applicant has to bring original documents while applying for verification and scanning if required.
- Without cross signature on photograph and signature on undertaking the application will be rejected
- Application Form.
- Residence proof (ration card / Passport / Aadhaar card / Driving licence / Any document or communication issued by any authority of Central Government, State Government or local bodies showing residential address / Any other documentary evidence in support of his address given in the declaration.)
- Identity proof (ration card / Passport / Aadhaar card / Driving licence).
- Land revenue receipt (on verification by concerned authority in case of farmer).
- Any Other documents as per requirement.
- Extract from the Land Register (7/12 and 8-A Extract of respective land)
- Ration card.
- Attested copy of birth certificate.
- Caste certificate as per requirement
- Aadhaar card
- Apart from the above documents authorities may ask for additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of revenue,
Room No. 140
2nd Floor,North Block,
Tel: 0471- 2333670/2327068
Fax: 0471- 2333350
Mob : 9447672200
Contact Link: Link
- The citizen who needs the agriculturist certificate should be a permanent resident of the respective state while applying.
- Those who own and possess land in their respective state and also engaged in production of agricultural produce by himself or by hired labour or otherwise, but does not include any market functionary are eligible.
- The total size of the land held by the applicant should be under the limit of the respective state’s economic land holding limit.
- Please pay the fees or charges as applicable at the time of applying as per authority’s advice.
- Valid for one year from the date of issue or as specified on the certificate.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- It takes nearly 15 days for the issue of this certificate.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.gIn the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Do not submit fake documents as a proof to obtain this certificate.
- Name of the applicant.
- Father / Husband name
- Applicant village
- Applicant tehsil
- Land size in capacity as owner
- Copy of 2 recent passport size photographs
- Local address of the person for whom the certificate is required.
- Permanent address of the person for whom the certificate is required.
- Residential details
- Family details
Need for the Document
- This certificate helps farmers in availing several benefits which are provided by state government and central government.
Information which might help
- Applicants shall meet the tehsil authority in person prior to applying for any updated information.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people