Wikiprocedure > India > Kerala

Kerala - Apply Permission for Road Side Signage (Sign Board)

From Wikiprocedure
Jump to: navigation, search


  • The owner / agency shall seek permission for installing road side signage from the respective Municipal Corporation.
  • If the place sought is under the control of district road safety council / PWD / National Highways Authority of India, then permission should be obtained from the respective competitive authority.

Apply In-Person:

  1. Applicant shall approach the respective municipal corporation office and consult with the designated authority for obtaining permission for roadside signage requirement.
  2. As advised please go to the commissioner of the respective municipal corporation / chief engineer of the respective PWD (Public works department) Divisional office / road governing authority as per the place sought for.
  3. Go to the respective office as applicable.
  4. Link for contact details: link
  5. Link for contact details: link AND link2
  6. Consult with the designated authority. Obtain the application form or write on an A4 sheet as advised.
  7. Application form can also be downloaded using the following link: link refer page 18.
  8. Submit the completed application from along with required documents.
  9. Submitted application will be verified by the authorities. If all are in place, the applicant will be provided with acknowledgement for the submitted application.
  10. Please pay the required fees/charges as appropriate and get the receipt from the department.
  11. This application will be processed internally.
  12. Authorities will inspect the place as mentioned on the application to do their due diligence.
  13. Once the applicant is found eligible, permission will be granted as per applicable norms.
  14. Applicant shall follow the department’s notification and obtain the permit as per deliverable norms.
  • It is advised to submit additional set of copy of the documents and get counter signed for your safety while applying with government department.
  • The decision to accept and reject an application shall solely remain in the hands of the State Level Nodal Agency and/or Municipal Board based on the compliance with the notified advertisement guideline.


Required Documents[edit]

  • Application form
  • The agency applying for the permission shall submit the Registration Certificate under the respective state shops & Establishment Act.
  • The Latest property tax paid receipt for the proposed place of signage board erection.
  • Drawing showing the locality plan as advised.
  • Complete specification showing the dimensions of the signage and location.
  • Certificate by a structural engineer certifying the safety aspect.
  • If the proposed signage is to be attached / displayed on a building then provide an architectural drawing showing elevation.
  • ID proof (Driving Licence/Voter ID/PAN Card/Aadhaar/Ration Card with address) of applicant
  • Residence proof (Passport/Driving Licence/Voter ID/Aadhaar) of applicant.
  • Self-Affidavit as advised
  • PAN Card
  • Up-to date GST/VAT clearance certificate as appropriate.
  • Passport size photograph
  • Police Verification report/Valid Passport
  • Work orders and works experience certificates
  • Requirement for the proposed place:
    • No Objection certificate (NOC) from the landlord of the land / building over which advertisement is proposed to be displayed.
    • If the land on which advertisement is to be displayed is given on lease by a public authority, viz. Corporation, Government etc NOC from the lessor is required.
    • In case of hoarding on the terrace of a building, NOC from the occupier(s) of the topmost floor is/are required
    • If the NOC is from a co-operative housing society, copy of the resolution duly passed in the general body meeting, certified by the Auditor of the society.
    • A joint Indemnity Bond cum Undertaking by the agency and the owner/cooperative housing society in the prescribed format.
    • In case of leased out municipal land, a mutual agreement document need to be submitted by the advertiser to Municipal Corporation
    • Two copies of 10”x8” size photographs taken from a distance of 60 meters from the proposed site with marking of the proposed hoarding thereon.
    • Two copies of the location plan indicating presence of any trees or any other hoarding within 50 meters of the location along the same alignment and dimensions thereof. The details of the owner if known, may be given.
  • In case of Partnership Firm:
    • Firm Registration Certificate
    • Partnership Deed
    • Power of Attorney
  • In case of Company
    • Certificate of Incorporation
    • Memorandum of Association & Article of Association
    • Power of Attorney
  • NOC from the Civil Aviation Department of the Government of India, wherever necessary.
  • Aadhaar card
Note: Apart from the above documents authorities may ask for additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.

Advertise On This Page

Office Locations & Contacts[edit]

Public Works Department,
Public Office Complex,
Museum P.O,
Thiruvananthapuram- 04712326147
[email protected]
Contact Link: link

Director of Urban Affairs,
Swaraj Bhavan,Nanthancode,Kowdiar(PO)
Thiruvananthapuram - 695003
Ph: 0471-2318896, 0471-2325708
(Fax) 9446533341
Contact Link: Link



  • An Individual or a firm registered with Municipal Corporation.
  • Applicant should not be a
    • Retired Engineer of Gazetted rank or
    • Gazetted Officer employed on Engineering or
    • Person who held administrative duties in any engineering Department of the Government of India during the last two years.


  • Pay rent for the space according to the Schedule of Rates issued by the respective department.

The Applicant will be asked to…

  • Pay for form
  • Registration fee
  • Payment of deposit as per requirement


The validity of permission will be for 3 years or as per the state norms.

Documents to Use[edit]

Application form can also be downloaded using the following link:link refer page 18.


Sample Documents[edit]

Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.

Processing Time[edit]

This entire process can be completed in minimum 30 days

Advertise On This Page

Related Videos[edit]

Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications.
Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites.
Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation.
Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver,
sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube
width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.
e.g In the following url "" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".



  • Fill all the mandatory details while filling application form. Incomplete applications and applications without the necessary documents might get rejected.
  • No outdoor advertisement should be allowed within 50 m from the edge of the road/footpath, whichever is nearer.

Required Information[edit]

  • Name of the applicant
  • Name of the firm
  • Principal place of business
  • Partners name
  • Permanent address
  • Contact number
  • email address
  • GST Number


Need for the Document[edit]

  • No person shall erect, exhibit, fix or retain upon or over any land, building, wall, hoarding, frame, post, kiosk or structure any advertisement, or display any advertisement to public view in any manner whatsoever, visible from a public street or public place, in any place within the city without the written permission of the respective State Level Nodal Agency and/or Municipal Board.

Information which might help[edit]

  • Advertisements on Bridge / Flyover panels may be allowed but should have permanent fixtures such that they could withstand cyclonic winds.
  • The location of road side signage should be on a straight stretch and would be at least 100 m away from an intersection, 50 m away from a curve, 50 m away from any side road and 50 m away from any traffic sign or signal.

Other uses of the Document/Certificate[edit]

Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate.
e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.

External Links[edit]

Use the following link for more details: link AND link2


More information which might help people.