Kerala - Apply Permission for Public Meetings (Strike, Protest) and Processions
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant should submit their request to the respective Police station or district magistrate/Deputy commissioner/Collector.
- Following link provides contact details: link Please select respective unit from drop down list for contact details.
- Following link provides contact details: link Select respective district tab. User will reach respective district portal. Here select “ABOUT DISTRICT > Who’s Who” for the contact details of District Magistrate/Deputy commissioner/Collector Contacts]
- Please go to your area police station or the district magistrate office and meet the concerned authority to apply. Based on their advice applicant shall submit the application addressing the designated authority (Inspector of police law and order/District deputy commissioner/Collector).
- Please obtain the respective application form or write on a A4 sheet as advised.
- Please submit the completed application along with required documents.
- Please submit the completed application along with Xerox of all documents as mentioned in the required documents section of this page in two sets.
- Submitted application and documents will be checked by authorities. If all are in place, application will be accepted and signed Xerox copy will be returned to applicant as acknowledgement for the acceptance of application.
- Accepted application will be processed internally to get respective clearance, NOC, permission and comments from respective departments.
- Once all the formalities are completed on satisfactory grounds the competent authority may grant the permission in the specified “Form-B”
- The competent authority may deny the permission for the reasons to be recorded in writing to convey the organiser.
- Application form
- Residence proof
- Voter ID
- Association or organisation’s registration details.
- Letter head
- Self declaration
- Aadhaar Card
- Apart from the above listed documents, authorities may ask for additional information or document. Please provide them for smooth processing.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
General Administration Department,
Admin building,1st floor,
E-mail: [email protected]
Link for contact information: Contacts link
Kerala State Police Headquarters,
Vazhuthacaud, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695010
Phone: 0471 272 1547
Link for contact information: link Please select respective unit from drop down list for contact details.
- Application should be made before minimum of 7 days of planned procession
- As per governments updated norms in terms of how many days in advance from the date of holding such procession or assembly the application should be made.
- Those who are 18 years and above are eligible to apply
- Should be a Indian citizen.
- Payment of charges and fees will be levied as per state norms with respect to the type and size of procession.
- The permission granted by the authority will valid for the said date and time.
- In case of any change in government decision with respect to unseen emergency, the permission can be revoked.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
7 to 15 days
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M%22 Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Organisers should ensure that the vehicle used in the procession is road worthy and driven by valid license holders.
- The hospitals, Schools and other educational institutions should be avoided as far as route of procession.
- Name of the organizer/association/organisation.
- Address of the organizer/association/organisation
- Date and timing of Procession/Strike/Meeting.
- Head count of persons (male,female,children) participating procession.
- Area of venue
- Route for procession
- Father name of the organiser.
- Mobile number
- email ID.
Need for the Document
- A citizen should obtain permission for conducting morcha/ dharna/ organising public meeting or rallies from concerned licensing authority.
Information which might help
- The members of such assembly, procession, protest ets should not carry any weapon like arm/ammunition, lathies/fire arma etc..
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.