Kerala - Apply I-Card for War Widow or Widow of Ex-Servicemen Rail Concession
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicants shall visit the Zila Sainik Board or nearby office of the Kendriya Sainik Board (KSB) to obtain the I – Card.
- The office locations can be found in the link:Contact link
- Collect the application formfor “Issue of I-card for war widows of ESM” from the office.
- Now complete the form with the necessary information and make sure you have all the documents in hand that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- After filling the form, attach the documents mentioned in the “Required Documents” section below with the completed application form.
- Check the application form and then submit it to the concerned authority.
- Now pay the required application fee to the concerned authority.
- The officer after validating the application form and the documents will provide you with an acknowledgement/receiving slip.
- Once it is processed, and the I - card is ready, the applicant will receive an SMS or call on the registered mobile number to collect it.
- The applicant will be required to carry the acknowledgement/receiving slip when going to collect it from the office.
- The applicant has to visit the website in the below link.Link
- Click the “Apply Online (for War Widows)” button present in the page.
- Fill in all the mandatory details and upload the photo.
- Finally, click on “submit” button to submit the details.
- The username and password will be sent through registered email.
- Go to login page in the link Link
- Login by typing the “username”, “password” and “verification code” (captcha). Then, click on the “login” button.
- Next, click on “Rail concession I-card application” and fill in the required details.
- Upload the required documents which are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page and click on “Save and Forward”.
- Now pay the required application fee and submit it. As a proof of payment, a payment confirmation receipt will be generated.
- The web portal will generate the application number after successful submission.
- After validation, the application form will be processed.
- The status of the application can be viewed in the portalby using the generated application number.
- The applicant can check whether it is approved in the website. Also, notification will be sent through email and registered mobile number.
- After approval, the I-card can be obtained at the office.
- Application form for I-Card for War Widow or Widow of Ex-Servicemen
- Passport size photos 4 Nos
- Discharge Book Service Particulars - Original and One Copy of Xerox.
- Pension Book / Pension Payment Order (One Copy of Xerox).
- For NON Pensioner's the Family Members Certificate issued by Thasildhar (Or) Certificate from the Corporator of that area is required.
- Aadhar& ECHS Cards (All Family Members Copy of Xerox)
- Pension Bank A/c Pass Book First Page / Cheque - Xerox Copy
- Old ID card of Ex-servicemen
- Death certificate of ex-servicemen
- Registration form.
- NOC from previous ZSB, if applicable
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Demand Draft drawn in favour of "ARMED FORCES FLAG DAY FUND'.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Kendriya Sainik Board
Ministry of Defence
Kendriya Sainik Board
West Block-lV Wing -Vll
R K Puram, New Dellhi-110066
Refer the state wise contact details of Zila Sainik Board or Department of Sainik Welfare from the following link:Contact link
- The applicant should be a citizen of India.
- War widows, widows of Paramilitary personnel and other defence personnel killed in action against terrorists and extremists, I.P.K.F. Personnel killed in action in Sri Lanka and martyrs of Operation Vijay (in Kargil) are eligible.
The card is issued on payment of Rs 100/-.
The card is valid for five years.
Documents to Use
- Application form can be found in the link below.
- Application form:Link
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.gIn the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- It is to be perceived by all that this card doesn't give admittance to confined zones and orders given by nearby arrangements in such manner are to be clung to.
- This card isn't to be copied. Copies of the card will be considered invalid.
- Any abuse of the card will prompt stopping advantages to ESM.
- The safe authority of these identity cards is the obligation of the individual holding it.
- Before the issue of I cards to the wards of ESM, the purity of the report, its protected authority by the cardholder, and the repercussions because of its loss and coming to the possession of anti national elements ought to be disclosed to him/her.
- The ESM and candidate be clarified that it is their obligation to guarantee that the card isn't abused.
- Date of birth
- Details of family members
- Bank details
- Date of death
- ESMs’ I card No.
- Mobile No.
- Service Particulars of Husband
- Death Details of Husband
- Pension received
- Identification mark
Need for the Document
It is required to get concession in the price of rail tickets.
Information which might help
In case of any damage to the Identity Card because of wear and tear, fresh card will be issued on request. The damaged Identity card must be submitted. After ascertaining the facts, if the case is genuine and after completion of the period of five years from the date of issue of the identity card, a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) is charged for theissue of new card.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
When the widow gets married the card has to be returned to the issuing authority for cancellation. Also, the card has to be returned after the demise of the card holder.