Kerala - Apply FSSAI License for Milk Chilling Units
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply FSSAI license for Milk Chilling Units, you have to approach the Commissioner of Food Safety / Officer-In-Charge for Food Safety.
- To know the contact details click here: link
- You can download the application Form-B from the following link: Form B.
- Please make sure you are eligible to make the application by going through the eligibility criteria provided under the “Eligibility” section of this page.
- First download the Form-B from the link and fill all the required information and you need to submit the form to the Commissioner of Food safety department. The address is mentioned in the office locations & contacts section below.
- Please complete the application form and make sure you have all the documents that are listed under “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Pay the appropriate fees and submit the form to the Officer-In-Charge in the Food Safety department.
- Now the authorities will verify your application and validate the submitted documents.
- Authorities will inspect the facilities that are related to the Milk Chilling Units and if they are satisfied with the standards followed the authorities will provide the franchise permission.
- The applicant will be later requested to collect the FSSAI license for Milk Chilling units on a specified date.
- To Apply FSSAI license for Milk chilling units, you can use the FOSCOS website. Please click the following link : FOSCOS Website
- After visiting the link, you have to click the “CLICK HERE FOR FOSCOS" tab.
- Click the “Login-Businesses” tab and Under User sign-in Box enter your user name, password and captcha code and Click on the “sign-in” button to login.
- If you are a new user, then Click on the Sign up tab and fill all the required details and enter the captcha code and Click on the “Sign up” tab.
- After that you will receive a mail and now the username and password will be activated for new users.
- After successful log-in , Click on the License/Registration and Select the Apply for License/Registration on the Left menu.
- Next select the state from the dropdown list box and read the Note.
- Next select Manufacturer tab and Click on the “Dairy units” tab in the list of options displayed, under that read the definition and Select the annual turnover and Click on the “Proceed” tab.
- On the next page, Click on the “Click here to apply State License for all Businesses”.
- Next Form-B page will be displayed, fill all the required informations under premises details section and Click on the “Save & Next” tab.
- On the Production selection page, fill all the details for DGFT Authentication and Click on the “Proceed with DGFT validation” to authenticate the details.
- Next Click on the “Save” to save the authenticated details. After Successfully Proceeding with DGFT validation, Click on the “Save & Next”.
- Next fill all the Communication details and Click on the “Save & Next”.
- Under required documents section upload all the relevant documents and Click on the “Save & Next”.
- Next pay the fees and submit the application.
- After Successful Completing the payment, a receipt will be generated with a 17-digit reference number make a print of it and keep it safe for future reference.
- You can track the application through the Home page.
- This application will be processed by them and they will notify you through your e-mail or by SMS.
- Food safety management system plan or certificate
- List of Foods provided in the Restaurant
- Identity Proof Documents such as Ration Card, Department Issued ID, PAN Card, Passport, Senior Citizen Card, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card
- Proof of Expected Annual Turnover(self-attested)
- List of Directors with full address and contact details (mandatory for Companies only)
- Declaration Form
- Passport size photograph
- Photo I.D and address proof issued by Government authority of proprietor/Partner/Director(s)/Authorised Signatory.
- Analysis report (Chemical & Bacteriological) of water to be used as ingredient in food from a recognized/ public health laboratory to confirm the potable
- Partnership Deed/Self Declaration for Proprietorship/Memorandum & Articles of Association towards the constitution of the firm
- Form IX: Nomination of Persons by a Company along with the Board Resolution
- Additional documents(If any)
Office Locations & Contacts
Commissioner of Food Safety,
Office of Commissioner of Food Safety,
Thycaud P.O., Thiruvanthapuram-695014
Tel: 0471-2322833, 2322844
Email ID: [email protected]
Contact details: contact information
- 501 to 50,000 LPD of milk.
- More than 2.5 MT to 2500MT of milk soilds per annum.
- Click the following link to know the eligibility : Eligibility link1 and
- Please use the following link for fees details: Fees link.
License is Valid for 5 years.
Documents to Use
Sample DocumentsSelect the appropriate option to view the Sample documents.
- It takes 30 days for processing the application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Registration or licensing with the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is a must for all to run Milk Chilling Units.
- Name of the person.
- E-mail Id.
- Phone number.
- Pin code.
- Company name.
Need for the Document
- This License is necessary to store the milks in the chilling unit.
Information which might help
- Carry all the necessary documents.
- You need to renew license before the expiry date otherwise you need to pay a huge amount as penalty.
- Make a photocopy of your filled form for future reference.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.