Kerala - Apply FSSAI License for Manufacturing Potato Chips
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To Apply FSSAI license for Manufacturing Potato Chips, you have to approach the Commissioner of Food Safety / Officer-In-Charge for Food Safety.
- To know the contact details click here: Commissioner Of Food safety
- You can download the application Form-B from the following link: Form B. After visiting the website click on the Form-B option located below in the State license category.
- Please make sure you are eligible to make the application by going through the eligibility criteria provided under the “Eligibility” section of this page.
- First download the Form-B from the link and fill all the required information and you need to submit the form to the Commissioner of Food safety department. The address is mentioned in the office locations & contacts section below.
- Please complete the application form and make sure you have all the documents that are listed under “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Pay the appropriate fees and submit the form to the Officer-In-Charge in the Food Safety department.
- Now the authorities will verify your application and validate the submitted documents.
- Authorities will inspect the facilities that are related to the Manufacturing of Potato Chips and if they are satisfied with the standards followed the authorities will provide the franchise permission.
- The applicant will be later requested to collect the FSSAI License for Manufacturing Potato Chips on a specified date.
- To Apply FSSAI license for Manufacturing Potato Chips, you can use the FSSAI website. Please click the following link: Apply Online
- If you are an existing user, please login using the credentials or if you are a new user you need to click “Sign Up” option on the right side of the home page.
- Now enter all the required information and enter the captcha code mentioned below and then click on “Register” button.
- After that you will receive a mail and now the username and password will be activated for new users.Note: Due to Covid-19 issues, Auto -Issuance Of Licence/Registration is not working. So Click on the "Apply Now" option in the index page ,you will reach the next page where the declaration statement is available, under the statement “Accept” button is available now click the “Accept” button. (Skip Point 5,6 and Continue from the 7 th point.
- After successful log-in, please select menu “License/Registration” option and then select “Apply for license/Registration” option.
- After clicking “Apply for license/registration” option, in the next page declaration statement is available, under the statement “Accept” button is available. Now click the “accept” button.
- Now select the state from the dropdown menu on the right side of the page.
- Now there is a selection option available. If your business is carried in more than one state click ‘yes’ otherwise click ‘No’ option.
- Next select the type of Business, Now Select the annual turnover of your business. If you annual turnover is more than 12Lakhs you will get form ‘A’ and if it is less than 12Lakhs you will get form ‘B’. Next You have to Click “Proceed“ tab
- In the next page click the “Click to apply” tab which is on the right side.
- Next page will lead you to fill online form for the user to fill the details and to upload photos and required documents.
- After completion of the application form and uploading the documents click on the “Save and next” tab to move to next page.
- Now download and print the application form and sign-on the printed form.
- Next you can submit the application form using two options “By Electronically” and “Physically”. By physically, you can submit the form to the respective officer and by Electronically, you can directly submit the form Online .Please select the preferable method.
- Now scan the signed application form and upload it into the website by selecting “Choose file” option and click the “Upload” tab.
- After uploading the documents click the “Submit” tab located at the bottom of the page to move to the next page.
- Now payment options will be provided in this page. Pay the correct amount and click “Proceed to pay” option.
- Click on the “Submit” tab to get the acknowledgment slip. Please keep the slip safely for future use.
- This application will be processed by them and they will notify you through your e-mail or by SMS.
- Identity Proof Documents such as Ration Card, Department Issued ID, PAN Card, Passport, Senior Citizen Card, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card
- Blueprint/layout plan of the processing unit showing the dimensions in metres/square metres and operation-wise area allocation (mandatory for manufacturing and processing units only)
- Id proof and Address Proof.
- List of Directors with full address and contact details (mandatory for companies only)
- Name and List of Equipments and Machinery along with the number, installed capacity and horse power used (mandatory for manufacturing and processing units only)
- List of food category desired to be manufactured. (In case of manufacturers)
- Analysis report (Chemical & Bacteriological) of water to be used as ingredient in food from a recognized/ public health laboratory to confirm the potable (mandatory only for manufacturing and processing units only)
- Food Safety Management System plan or certificate (if any)
- Declaration Form 8. Upload Production unit photograph
- Photo I.D and address proof issued by Government authority of Proprietor/Partner/Director(s)/Authorised Signatory
- Proof of possession of premises. (Sale deed/ Rent agreement/ Electricity bill, etc.)
- Partnership Deed/Self Declaration for Proprietorship/Memorandum & Articles of Association towards the constitution of the firm
- Form IX: Nomination of Persons by a Company along with the Board Resoultion
- Additional documents(If any)
- Required Documents .After visiting the website click on the Documents required option Located below in the State license category to know the Required Documents.
Office Locations & Contacts
Commissioner of Food Safety,
Office of Commissioner of Food Safety,
Thycaud P.O., Thiruvanthapuram-695014
Tel: 0471-2322833, 2322844Fax: 0471-2322855
Email ID: [email protected]
Contact details: Commissioner Of Food safety Kerala
Potato Chips Manufacturer who has the annual turnover up to 20crores can apply for this license.
FSSAI License .After visiting the website click on the Eligibility option Located below in the State license category to know the eligibility.
Click the following link to know the eligibility FSSAI Eligibility
Click on the following link for fees details Fees Details
License is Valid for 5 years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes 30 days for processing the application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Registration or licensing with the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is a must for Potato Chips Manufacturer.
- Name of the person.
- E-mail Id.
- Phone number.
- Pin Code.
- Company Name.
Need for the Document
- We need this license to Manufacture Potato Chips.
- This license ensures that the potato chips that are manufactured are Hygenic and safe to eat.
Information which might help
- Carry all the necessary documents.
- You need to renew license before the expiry date otherwise you need to pay a huge amount as penalty.
- Make a photocopy of your filled form for future reference.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.