Kerala - Add or Delete Name in Ration Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Ration Card holder should approach the ration shop of your area or respective local TSO (Taluk Supply Office)/DSO office as applicable.
- Link for contact: link OR link for TSO please select the link as appropriate OR FPS dealer link please select the menu “DS Stake Holders >> In States >> FPS Dealers OR District food and supply officer in both the above link, please select the respective state to get the new page. Here fill the page prompt and hit respective tab to get details.
- Please go to the respective office.
- Applicant shall obtain the form from the respective office (please pay for the form if required) Or a written/electronically typed application on A4 plain sheet as advised shall be used or use the following link to download for form
- Please submit the completed application along with the required documents to the respective authority.
- Authorities after checking the submitted application along with the attached documents will make entries and provide you record number for reference.
- Keep it safe for future reference.
- This application will be forwarded to the concerned Ward/ Grama Panchayath official for verification. The concerned official visits the house of the applicant for verification and approves the request, if the applicant is found eligible.
- The applicant is informed through SMS at various stages i.e., Advance intimation about date of visit of the official to his place of residence for verification of his application, Approval/Rejection of his application.
- After ground level verification ration card will be issued in 2 – 3 weeks as notified by the department
- If the application requires any scrutiny, respective authority will do the due diligence.
Apply through Akshaya
- Applicant must visit the nearest Akshaya center. Link for center: link
- Applicant shall obtain application form from the centre.
- Submit the completed application, document and applicable fees to the centre staff.
- Application submitted will be processed and receipt with application number will be issued.
- Application will be processed by the respective department. From this point onwards, authorities will do the due diligence to issue the card. SMS triggered update on application status will be sent to applicant mobile.
- Application form.
- Original ration card
- Proof of residence
- Aadhaar Card
- Local Certificate / Election Card / PAN / Driving license / Passport
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate/X Pass Certificate/declared/other)
- Surrender Certificate in original (for inclusion, if any)
- Death Certificate in case of death of a member in order to delete
- Document required for Adding member on account of marriage
- Marriage Certificate
- Original Ration Card with husband’s name
- Name Deletion Certificate from the parents of Bride
- Document required for Adding New Born Child in Ration Card (above 5 years)
- Birth Certificate issued by the local municipal body or competitive authority
- Original ration card of the family with parent’s name
- ID Proof of Parents such as PAN Card, Aadhaar Card
- Always take original along with copy of document while applying.
- If authorities insist on further information or details please provide for smooth processing.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Commissionerate of Civil Supplies.:
Public Office Building, LMS Vellayambalam Rd,
University of Kerala Senate House Campus,
Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695033.
Phone: 0471 2321152
Link for contact : Contact Info
- A valid ration card holder.
- The applicant and his/her family must be Indian citizens and should be resident of the state.
- The applicant or his family members must not possess any family card in any State in India (If they had one, it has to be withdrawn).
- The applicant and members of the family must be close relatives.
- New born above 5 years
- Addition of member name after marriage
- Fee information can be obtained directly from the department office while applying.
- Validity remains same
- Usually Family identity card is valid for lifetime and will be renewed in 5 years or based on announcement.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will be 2 – 3 week’s time
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
Following are the required information to apply..
- Applicant details.
- additional members or persons name to be added/removed
- Date of Birth and age.
- Address details.
- Occupation and designation of office held any
- Signature/thumb impression.
Need for the Document
- For implementation of the Targeted Public Distribution System(TPDS), Ration Card is being issued to all the heads of families, with details about family members included in the card. Based on their economic condition, people can buy goods like food grains, sugar and kerosene with the help of their ration cards.
- Addition of members(family) in the existing ration card arises…
- Due to marriage
- New born (as per age applicable)
- Ration card is a mandatory document for all individuals in India. Addition of members should be made in order to avail the government benefits. It has to be renewed before it gets expired.
- Ration card is essential to apply for passport, PAN card or a domicile certificate or to even get the name registered for electoral rolls to get a Voter ID.
Information which might help
- The eligible sections of the society are provided with food grains and other items at highly subsidized rates.
- In different state the Ration card is categorized as per classification fixed by government.
- There are different types of ration cards were distributed….
- APL (Above Poverty Line)
- BPL (Below Poverty Line)
- AAY(Antodaya Anna Yojana) beneficiaries under PDS/TPDS.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.