Italy - Replace Lost / Stolen Health Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain a replacement health card, you will need to send a request to the ASL or any office of the Revenue agency.
- In cases of theft or loss, you are not required to report the incident to the competent authorities; it is, however, a cautionary act for the citizen.
- The duplicate may also be requested by a person specifically delegated, in which case, the delegated person must show his own ID and a copy of the ID of the applicant, both valid.
If you are outside Italy
Citizens living abroad can request a duplicate by contacting the Italian Consulate in the country of residence. The card will be delivered, optionally, in Italy or at the same diplomatic authority abroad.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
Agenzia delle Entrate
via Cristoforo Colombo n. 426 C/D 00145 Roma
Toll free number 800.030.070
- The cardholder may request for a duplicate card.
- The duplicate may also be requested by a person specifically delegated
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
A health card is valid for one year; at the expiry date, after having acquired the data from the relevant local office of the Health Service, a new card is emitted by the TS System (Sistema Tessera Sanitaria), with standard expiry date.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
If you have lost your health card or if it is damaged or unreadable, you can request a duplicate from the ASL or any office of the Revenue agency.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides information on how you can replace a health card issued in Italy.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- The health card replaces the tax code card.
- Expired cards are still valid as a certification of the tax code.
- The health card, even if expired, may be submitted to the chemist's, when buying medicines, for the acquisition of the tax code and the issue of the receipt (scontrino parlante).
More information which might help people.