Italy - Obtain Health Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Issuance of health card:
- Newborns are assigned a the tax code by the municipality or by a office of the Italian Revenue agency.
- A health card is issued once these following conditions are verified:
- the citizen has the correct tax code, assigned by the Italian Revenue Agency
- the citizen is registered in a ASL
- The health card is issued automatically when the ASL communicates the assistance data to the TS System and sent to the address indicated in the Tax Register database.
- If the tax code has not been assigned properly, it is necessary to go to any office of the Revenue agency and ask for its the attribution. A valid ID is needed.
The citizen, with a certificate of the tax code, must then go to the relevant ASL to request the issue of the health card.
- Citizens not entitled to the National Health Service who apply for the tax code, will receive a tax code card.
If the tax code is correctly assigned, it's necessary to turn to the ASL in order to definitively rectify the position by means of communicating the assistance data to the TS System, thus allowing the issue of the health card.
- If you haven't received a health card yet: Citizens who have not received a health card, can contact the relevant local Health service office; if they still don't have the tax code, they should contact any office of the Italian Revenue agency.
- Check the status of issue and delivery of the health card: To check the status of issue of the card without going to the offices in charge, see link
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
Agenzia delle Entrate
via Cristoforo Colombo n. 426 C/D 00145 Roma
Toll free number 800.030.070
Issuance of health card:
- all holders of a tax code having the right to health care by the National Health Service.
- If the period of entitlement to the health care is less than 30 days, the ASL issues a paper certificate in replacement of the health card
- all newborns who were given the tax code.
- They receive automatically a health card valid for one year; at the expiry date, after having acquired the data from the relevant local office of the Health Service, the TS System send a new health card.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
A health card is valid for one year; at the expiry date, after having acquired the data from the relevant local office of the Health Service, a new card is emitted by the TS System (Sistema Tessera Sanitaria), with standard expiry date.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides information on how you can apply for a health card in Italy.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- The health card replaces the tax code card.
- Expired cards are still valid as a certification of the tax code.
- The health card, even if expired, may be submitted to the chemist's, when buying medicines, for the acquisition of the tax code and the issue of the receipt (scontrino parlante).
More information which might help people.