Indonesia - Requesting for Citizenship
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Submit a request for Indonesian citizenship to the president through a proper minister. The application must be in Indonesian language on paper bearing revenue stamp and required information stated above.
- All necessary documents (see below) must also be submitted.
- If the application does not meet the requirements, the official shall return the application to the applicant within 7 days from the date of substantive examination. If the application does meet the requirements, the official must send the application to the minister within 7 days from the date of the substantive examination is completed.
- The minister shall conduct a substantive further examination of the application along with his considerations to the president within 45 (forty-five) days from the date the application was received from the official.
- The president must give his approval or reject the application within 45 (forty-five) days from the date the application was received from the minister.
- If the application is approved, the president shall issue a decree and inform the applicant through written notification, with copies sent to the relevant officials, within 14 (fourteen) days from the date of issuance of the presidential decree.
- In the event the application is rejected by the president, the president shall inform the minister. A notice, with the reasons for rejection, must be made in writing and sent by the Minister to the applicant, with copies to the relevant officials, within 3 (three) months from the date the application was received by the minister.
- An applicant whose request has been granted shall be obliged to take an oath or pledge his/her allegiance within 3 (three) months from the date that notification by excerpt of the decree has been sent to the said applicant.
- Photocopy of the excerpt of birth certificate or a letter certifying the birth of the applicant approved and endorsed by an authorized official (endorsement by an official as meant here is the matching of the photocopies with the original documents)
- Photocopy of the marriage certificate/ marriage book, excerpt of the divorce certificate/ letter of pronouncing divorce, or excerpt of the death certificate of the applicants wife/husband if the applicant is under 18 (eighteen) years old, endorsed by the authorized official
- Immigration documents issued by the Immigration Office whose working area covers the place of residence of the applicant declaring that the applicant has lived in the territory of the Republic of Indonesia for at least 5 (five) years consecutively or at least 10 (ten) years if not consecutively
- Photocopy of the permanent residence permit endorsed by the authorized official
- Certificate testifying good physical and mental health issued by a hospital
- Written declaration that the applicant is able to speak Indonesian
- Written declaration that the applicant recognizes Pancasila, the state ideology,and the 1945 Constitution
- Police Certificate issued by the local police office at the place of domicile of the applicant;
- Affirmation from the embassy of the applicants home country that by obtaining Indonesian citizenship, the applicant will not have double citizenship
- Affirmation from the sub-district head at the place of domicile of the applicant that the applicant has an occupation or job and/or regular salary/ wages
- Proof of having paid the citizenship fee and application costs to the State Treasury
- Latest color photograph of the applicant measuring 4 x 6 centimeters, 6 (six) copies and
- The application and accompanying documents should be delivered to the authorized official whose working area covers the place of domicile of the applicant.
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Population and Civil Registration Regional Service Offices
Jl. S. Parman No. 7, Jakarta Barat
Tel. Nos.: 5666241, 5681118
Contacts : http://www.jakarta.go.id/eng/no_penting
- Must be aged 18 (eighteen) years or is married.
- At the time of submitting the application, has already lived in the Republic of Indonesia for at least 5 (five) years consecutively, or at least 10 (ten) years, if not consecutively;
- Is physically and mentally healthy.
- Is able to speak Indonesian and recognizes Pancasila, the state ideology, and the 1945 Constitution of the Republic of Indonesia.
- Has never been convicted of a crime that is punishable by imprisonment of 1 (one) year of more;
- If, by obtaining Indonesian citizenship, it does not make the person have double citizenship;
- Has permanent occupation/ work.
- Pays the fee for citizenship to the State Treasury.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- the applicants full name
- place and date of birth
- marital status
- place of residence/ address
- occupation, and
- original citizenship
Need for the Document
The law number 12 year 2006 states that a foreigner can obtain an Indonesian citizenship after fulfilling particular terms and conditions as specified by the law.
The Indonesian citizenship law states that an Indonesian citizenship can be acquired by a naturalization proceedings, which means procedures or stages that can be taken in order to obtain The Indonesian citizenship through an application made by the foreigner that would like to obtain the Indonesian citizenship.
The naturalization for obtaining an Indonesian citizenship can be performed by the foreigner, if the applicant has comply with specific terms and guidelines as specified by The Indonesian Citizenship law, such as minimum stay period prior applying for an Indonesian citizenship & related issues regarding the applicant previous stay sponsorship.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Requesting for Citizenship:
More information which might help people.