Indonesia - ReObtaining n Citizenship
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Write an application letter to the Minister via an Indonesian official or representative in your residence area.
- After receiving the application, the Indonesian official will forward it to the Minister if the applicant has complete information. If incomplete, the application will be returned to the applicant.
- For complete applications, the Minister decides if the applicant is allowed to re-obtain Indonesian citizenship or not no later than 3 (three) months after the date the application was received. For incomplete applications, the Minister returns the application to the Indonesian Official or Representative no later than 14 (fourteen) days after the date the application was received to be completed.
- An Indonesian Official or Representative delivers this decision to the applicant no later than 7 (seven) days after the date the Ministers Decision was received.
Children below the age of 18 (eighteen) years and unmarried, living and residing in Indonesia, from fathers or mothers who re-obtained Indonesian Citizenship are automatically Indonesian citizens.
The application must be attached with the following:
- Photocopy of an excerpt of the birth certificate, or other documents that prove the birth of the applicant that has been legalized by an Indonesian Official or Representative
- Photocopy of an Indonesian passport or documents valid as a passport, or other documents that prove that the applicant was once and Indonesian citizen that has been legalized by an Indonesian Official or Representative
- Photocopy of an excerpt of the marriage certificate, an excerpt of divorce papers/divorce letter, or an excerpt of the death certificate of the spouse of the applicant that has been legalized by an Indonesian Official or Representative for applicants who have been married or divorced
- Photocopy of an excerpt of the birth certificate of the applicants child who is not 18 (eighteen) years of age yet and unmarried that has been legalized by an Indonesian Official or Representative for those who have children
- Written statement that the applicant is loyal to the Republic of Indonesia, Pancasila, 1945 Indonesian Constitution and will truly defend and be obligated to the nation as an Indonesian citizen with sincerity and honesty
- Curriculum vitae of the applicant and
- 6 (six) recent 4x6 centimeter colored passport photos
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Population and Civil Registration Regional Service Offices
Jl. S. Parman No. 7, Jakarta Barat
Tel. Nos.: 5666241, 5681118
Contacts : http://www.jakarta.go.id/eng/no_penting
Any Indonesian citizen who has lost his citizenship.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
The application letter must be submitted with the following information:
- full name
- home address
- place and date of birth
- marital status
- reason for loss of Indonesian citizenship
Need for the Document
According to the Law No. 12 of 2007, Article 23, Indonesian citizens who have lost their citizenship are allowed to re-obtain it by submitting an application to the Minister via an Indonesian Official or Representative whose field of work covers the residence of the applicant.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Re-obtaining Indonesian Citizenship:
More information which might help people.