Indonesia - Obtain a Pet Passport (Import Export or Transport Pet)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Importation of pets:
- Have your pet examined by a veterinarian: You will need to have your pet examined by a certified veterinarian. Some of the documents that you will need to present when your pet arrives in Indonesia will be issued by your vet. Your vet will also be the one who will issue the pet passport.
- If you are outside Indonesia: You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the nearest Indonesian embassy in the country you are currently staying. The office may be able to provide you with information about pet passports and import permits for pets.
- Before you make arrangements to transport your pet: Make sure that you have all the required documents, and got in touch with the authority responsible with the import/export of live animals in the country where your pet will be coming from and in Indonesia. If you are thinking of flying in with your pet, you may also try and contact the airline company, they may be able to provide additional information about pet passports and how you can bring your pet abroad.
- Obtain Import Permit: The permit is issued by the Directorate of Livestock Service and Animal Health, Ministry of Agriculture. To apply for the permit you will need to present the Animal Health Certificate/Pet Passport issued by an Authorized Government Veterinarian from the exporting country. You will also need to present the Rabies Vaccination Certificate issued by a Government Veterinarian or a Licensed Veterinary Practitioner, and proof of vaccination performed at least 30 days and not more than 1 year prior to export/shipment
- Arrival in Indonesia: The pets should be reported to the Animal Quarantine Officer at the point of entry at least 2 (two) days prior to arrival. The Quarantine Veterinarian will perform quarantine inspection and verify required documents on arrival. If all required documents are found complete and the pets are healthy, the Quarantine Veterinarian will take the pets into quarantine premises/facilities/installation in the airport for further observation. The pets shall subjected to quarantine observation for at least 14 days in quarantine facility in accordance with prevailing laws and quarantine regulations (Decree of the Minister of Agriculture No. 422/Ktpts/LB.720/8/1988, Article 16).
Importation of pet:
- Import permit is issued by the Directorate of Livestock Service and Animal Health, Ministry of Agriculture;
- Animal Health Certificate/Pet Passport issued by an Authorized Government Veterinarian from the exporting country;
- Rabies Vaccination Certificate issued by Government Veterinarian or Licensed Veterinary Practitioner, and the vaccination shall have been performed at least 30 days and not more than 1 year prior to export/shipment
Office Locations & Contacts
Agricultural Quarantine Agency (HQ Office)
HQ Ministry of Agriculture E Bldg 5th Floor
Jln. Harsono RM No.3 Ragunan Pasar Minggu Jakarta Selatan.
Directorate General of Livestock Service and Animal Health
HQ Ministry of Agriculture C Bldg 9th Floor
Tel. 62-21-7815580-83, 7847319
Directorate General of Conservation, Natural Resources and Ecosystem, Ministry of Environment and Forestry
Blok 7 Manggala Wanabhakti Bldg 7th Floor
Jln. Gatot Subroto Jakarta Selatan.
Tel.62-21-572-0227/570-4501-04 ext 769;
Office of Veterinary Service in Provinces
Jln. Gunung Sahari No.11 Jakarta Pusat
Tel. 62-21- 6285485, 6286625; 6284935
Office of Natural Resources Conservation, Jakarta
Jln. Salemba Raya No.9 3rd Floor Jakarta Pusat
BALAI BESAR KARANTINA PERTANIAN SOEKARNO HATTA
Gedung Karantina Pertanian Soekarno Hatta
(Animal Quarantine Offices Soekarno-Hatta International Airport)
Bandara Internasional Soekarno Hatta Tangerang
Tel : +62-21-5507930-31, 5500824
Fax : +62-21-5500623, 5507930
Email : [email protected]
To import pet:
- The animal must be 90 days year old at the time of export/shipment
- Must not be pregnant or in lactation condition;
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Pet animals, i.e. dogs and cats, which will be brought to Indonesia, must enter through Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Jakarta.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how you can bring your pet dogs and cats to Indonesia and how can you apply for a Pet Passport and import permit for your pet.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.