Indonesia - Driver License (Car, Motor Bike, Scooter) / SIM
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for a driver license (SIM) in Indonesia, you have to get in touch with your local police station who can guide you with the steps that are involved with writing the procedures. below are some of the steps that are involved.
- You have to request in writing to apply for a SIM (Driver License).
- You would be tested for your ability to read and write.
- You would also be tested for your knowledge of road traffic rules and basic techniques of motor vehicles.
- There will be a practical driving test where you will be tested for your knowledge about the vehicle and your driving skills.
- You would also be tested for you Physical and mental healthiness.
- Finally there will a theory exam and a practical test which you have to pass.
You could also contact a driving school in your area who would be able to help you with applying for a driver license (SIM), but they would charge you for the service they provide.
- KTP Card
- Certificate of Physical and Spiritual Health of doctors (medical check up)
Office Locations & Contacts
Lower end of the page in the following link has a option Select the location you want SIM services which will display information about nearest office where the application can be made, since all the police offices will not process all requests, please make sure you pick the right police office to approach : Police Office Locations
You could also call the following number which is a police call center for information in Indonesia: 110
- 16 years old for issue of Driving License class: C
- 17 years old for issue of Driving License class: A and D.
- 20 years old for issue of Driving License class: B1.
- 21 years old for issue of Driving License class: B2.
Following link provides information about fees in the lower end of the page : Fee Information
For Indonesian nationals, a drivers license is valid for 5 years after which it needs renewal. For foreigners, a drivers license is only valid for the length of your Indonesian visa.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
A to drive private passenger or cargo vehicle with weight allowed not exceeding 3,500 kg
A Public (A UMUM) - to drive public vehicles and goods carrier to the amount of weight that is allowed does not exceed 3,500 kg.
B1 to drive private passenger or cargo vehicle with weight allowed exceeding 3,500 kg
B1 Public (B1 UMUM) - to drive passenger vehicles and general freight allowed amount of weight over 3,500 kg
B2 - to drive heavy equipment vehicles, towing vehicles, or motor vehicles with attractive patch or trailer train individuals with severe or patches are allowed to train more than 1,000 kg trailer/s
B2 Public (B2 UMUM) - to drive vehicles for towing or pull cart trailer with heavy patch that are allowed to train more than 1,000 kg trailer
C to drive motorcycles (two-wheeled motor vehicle)
D special vehicle for disabled person
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information about how to obtain a driver license (SIM) in Indonesia.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- As a means of identification / identity of a person
- As evidence
- As a means of forceful measures.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.