Indonesia - Apply for Resident Identity Card (Kartu Tanda Penduduk)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to the Urban Village Administration Office and bring the required documents stated below.
- Submit the documents.
- The Head of the Urban Village will accept and examine your documents submitted.
- Pay the fee.
- The Head of the Urban Village will sign the KTP and perform other administrative processes.
Requirements for a New Residential Identity Card
- Cover letter from the head of RT/ head of RW
- Photocopy of Family Card
- Three (3) latest photographs, measuring 2 x 3 cm
- SKPPB, if the applicant is a newcomer from outside Jakarta Capital City
- Photocopy of birth certificate
- SKPPT, if the applicant is a foreigner
- Proof of having paid a fine for delayed application to make a KTP
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Population and Civil Registration Regional Service Offices
Jl. S. Parman No. 7, Jakarta Barat
Tel. Nos.: 5666241, 5681118
Contacts : http://www.jakarta.go.id/eng/no_penting
Jakarta residents who are of age 17 or who are getting married.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
- The Residential Identity Card is valid for 5 years except for the elderly (aged 60 years and over) which is valid for life.
- The expiry date of a residential identity card is based from from the birth month and birth date of the person.
- If the KTP gets damaged, lost or stolen, it must be replaced by a new one.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Application for a residential identity card or KTP should be made 14 days from the date that a person reaches the age of 14, the date of marriage, and the date of becoming a Jakarta resident.
- Residential identity card replacement must be made at the latest 14 days from the expiry date.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
The Residential Identity Card or KTP is the official identity card of a person living in Jakarta Capital City. It is mandatory for all the residents of Jakarta Capital City who have reached the age of 17 and or is married.
Information which might help
Only members of the representation of foreign countries, international organizations, the diplomatic corps and their families, and temporary residents (holders of KIM/ KIMS) are not required to hold the KTP.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Resident Identity Card:
More information which might help people.