Indonesia - Apply for Ordinary Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Applying in Person
- Fill the form and attach the required documents stated below.
- Submit the request for passport to the Head Office of Immigration.
- The Counter officers will verify the original requirements brought by the applicant and then scan the document, check the results of the scan and check the list of preventive.
- The Counter officers will reject the application and provide proof of rejection, if they find out that the Biodata details of the applicant is same with a list of prevention.
- The Counter officers will give a receipt to applicant who has met the requirement and the name not listed in the list of prevention.
- On the appointed day, the applicant will proceed to the counter Treasurer receiver to make the payment process.
- After receiving the payment, the treasurer will enter the number of perforations passport and print it as well then give the receipt of payment to the applicant.
- The applicant will wait for his name to be called for photo and fingerprints capturing. The queue machine will call automatically and displays the queue number on the screen.
- After the capturing of photos and fingerprints, the applicant will wait again for the interview process.
- The officer will conduct research on the completeness of original requirement documents and print the applicant's Biodata. Then the applicant will sign the result of printing and passport cover.
- After the interview process is completed and otherwise comply with the requirements, the applicant is required to come back for taking passport within the specified time, then file the request forwarded to the officer of printing.
- The immigration officers do the printing of the applicant's biodata page, and pages of notes authorized / official notes and page validation / endorsements (if needed), make laminated passport cover and then test the quality of the printing and lamination. If found defective, they'll do a replacement of the passport cover without tariffs.
- The Head of Division / Section Head will put initials in the passport. The Head of Immigration Office will sign the the passport and return it to the Immigration Officer for calibration stamp duty and scanning of the signature page.
- The Counter Officer will hand over the passport to the applicant or who is authorized. Then the applicant or who is authorized will sign the receipts of the passport in the revenue column.
- Go to immigration website http://www.imigrasi.go.id
- Click the online application (Layanan Paspor Online), which is going to bring you here: http://ipass.imigrasi.go.id:8080/xpasinet/faces/InetMenu.jsp
- Prepare all your documents (ID Card, Family Card and Birth certificate / graduation certificate / marriage certificate in soft copy (you can simply capture it with your phone because they ask for a JPG file).
- Fill in the online application form and upload your documents.
- At the end you can pick a date to come to the immigration office.
- After you finishing your application, you will get the receipt for your online application submission with a bar code and other basic information. Print this afterwards.
- Go to the Immigration Office on the date you have chosen.
- Have all of your supporting documents verified by the Immigration Officer and submit it to them.
- Pay the fee.
- Have your photo taken and biometric scan.
- Proceed to the interview.
- You can now collect your passport after 4 working days. Present your payment receipt.
For Indonesian citizens who are domiciled or located in the Territory of Indonesia:
- valid ID Cards(KTP) and still valid or resi request ID Cards(KTP)
- the Family Card
- the birth certificate, a marriage certificate or the marriage book, diplomas, or letter of baptism
- a permit from the competent agency for who will be work overseas
- letter of naturalization Indonesian for Foreigners who acquire citizenship of Indonesia, through naturalization or submission of statement to choose citizenship in accordance with the terms regulation of statute
- rename determination letter from the competent authority who change the name
For Indonesian citizens who are living outside Indonesian territory:
- ID Cards local state, evidence, instructions, or description which indicates that the applicant residing in the country
- old passport
Office Locations & Contacts
For contact information:
Jl. H. R. Rasuna Said Kav. 8-9 Jakarta Selatan 12190
Call Center : (021)5224658 ext. 2106
Telefax : (021)5224658
SMS Center : 081381307650
Email : [email protected]
For a list of Immigration Divisions, check this link: http://www.imigrasi.go.id/index.php/en/contact-us/immigration-division
For a list of Immigration Offices, check this link: http://www.imigrasi.go.id/index.php/en/contact-us/immigration-offices
Indonesian citizens residing in Indonesia or overseas are eligible for an ordinary passport.
Passport 48 pages Rp. 200.000
Electronic passport (e-passport) 48 pages Rp. 600.000
Passport 24 pages Rp. 50.000
Electronic passport (e-passport) 24 pages Rp. 350.000
Services Using Passport Issuance System Technology Biometrics-based Rp. 55.000
Ordinary Passport is valid for at least 5 years from the date issued.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The completion time for a passport is a maximum period of 4 (four) business days after the interview process.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Country code
- Passport number
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Date of issue
- Date of expiry
- Registration number
- Issuing office
- Signature of bearer
Need for the Document
An Ordinary Passport is a valid travel document issued by the Government of Republic of Indonesia for the purpose of traveling abroad. It has two types: the electronic (e-passport) and regular or non-electronic passport. An ordinary passport is consists of either 48 pages or 24 pages. Up to 2010, an Ordinary Passport with 24 pages is only issued to Indonesian who will work abroad. However, from November 2010 onwards, 24-page and 48-page Ordinary Passport have an equal degree and are treated equally. Indonesians who will work abroad may obtain 48-page Ordinary Passport and regular travellers may obtain 24-page Ordinary Passport as well.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.