India - Surviving Family Member Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Submit the application form in writing requesting Surviving Family Member Certificate to the SDM (Sub-Register) office of your area.
- Verification of the facts is will be made through the Tehsildar with respect to your application.
- On the basis of the report of Tehsildar & documents submitted by the applicant, the certificate is issued to the applicant.
- AADHAR No.is not compulsory, if AADHAR No. is not available, provide and any one of the idendtity proof PAN/PASSPORT/Driving Licence/Voters Card. The name of the applicant on the AADHAR card should match with Name of the Applicant.
- Affidavit in prescribed Performa from all the surviving members(Affidavit from the major if the children are bolow the 18 years).
- The photograph of the applicant will be captured through web camera at the time of submission of application or at the time of verification. The Photograph of the applicant should match with photo of the applicant on the AADHAR.
- Supporting document for the present residential proof like Voter Card, Electricity Bill, Water Bill, Telephone Bill etc.
- Death certificate of the deceased.
- Aadhaar Card
IMPORTANT : All documents needs to be attested by Gazetted Officer.
Office Locations & Contacts
Office location & contacts may vary with respect to State & Union Terrotories.
An individual who is citizen of India. Surviving Members of the deceased family.
NO FEE Required.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Certificates are issued within 21 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
You can approach to the SDM of your area or you can also approach the concerned O/o the Deputy Commissioner during 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM on any working day. You can also APPLY ONLINE.
After receiving the application, verification of the facts is carried out through the Tehsildar. On the basis of the report of Tehsildar & documents submitted by the applicant, the certificate is issued to the applicant.
- Full Name of the applicant
- Other family members names (who are alive)
- Applicants Date of birth
- Relationship to the applicant
- Every family members date of birth
- Every applicants occupation
- Passport Size photographs of the applicant
- Gazetted officer should duly attest the application form
- Gazetted officer should duly sign on the bond paper with the proper proforma
- Xeror copy of the family head death certificate
- Xerox copy of the completed application
Need for the Document
When an individual has expired, the surviving members certificate is often required for the purpose of settlement of claims in respect of the deceased by the surviving members of the deceased family. Following is procedure for obtaining Surviving Family Member Certificate.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.