India - Surrender a Ration Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Applicant in order to obtain surrender certificate they have to cancel their ration card or smart ration card. Tis surrender certificate is required to apply for new ration card under certain circumstances like marriage, relocation, transfer etc.
- Applicant shall apply with their nearest Ration Card office under the concerned Block/Ward/ULB of their area.
- Please go to the respective office.
- Applicant shall obtain the form from the respective office (please pay for the form if required) Or a written/electronically typed application on A4 plain sheet as advised shall be used.
- Please submit the completed cancellation application, original ration card along with required documents to the respective authority.
- Authorities will do the due diligence of the submitted application and documents. They will verify with their records.
- Please follow the authorities guidelines for further processing.
- Upon satisfactory results, consumer is provided with a cancellation certificate on the same day or as notified.
- In some states applicant shall approach over the counter services like CSC centres/e-seva etc to apply.
- In some states applicant shall apply using the respective state department online portal.
- Find the contact details and application form from the respective state portal procedures by using the link provided under respective states below.
Please select the state name for respective State Procedure.
Andaman and Nicobar – Assam – Bihar – Chandigarh – Chhattisgarh – Daman and Diu – Goa - Gujarat – Haryana – Himachal Pradesh – Jammu and Kashmir – Lakshadweep – Madhya Pradesh – Maharashtra – Manipur – Meghalaya – Mizoram – Nagaland – New Delhi – Odisha – Puducherry – Punjab – Rajasthan – Sikkim – Tripura – Uttarakhand
- Application form.
- Original ration card
- Residence Proof (Example – Electricity Bill, Water Bill, Aadhaar Card, Passport),
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport Size Photographs
- All original and copy of original with self attestation as advised by respective authorities to be submitted as per requirement.
- Apart from the above documents authorities may ask to submit additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Food and Public Distribution
Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution,
Department of Food & PD,
KrishiBhawan, New Delhi - 110001.
Office Contact Link: link
Department of AR & PG,
Sardar Patel Bhawan,
Parliament Street, New Delhi - 110 001.
Phone: (011) 23360208
Link for Contacts: Link for details
- A valid ration card holder.
- Fee information can be obtained directly from the respective office while applying.
- Cancelled or submitted ration card is no longer valid.
- Usually Family identity card is valid for lifetime and will be renewed in 5 years or based on announcement.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will same day.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
Following are the required information to apply.
- Applicant details.
- Address details.
- Signature/thumb impression.
Need for the Document
- For implementation of the Targeted Public Distribution System(TPDS), Ration Card is being issued to all the heads of families, with details about family members included in the card. Based on their economic condition, people can buy goods like food grains, sugar and kerosene with the help of their ration cards.
- Ration card is essential to apply for passport, PAN card or a domicile certificate or to even get the name registered for electoral rolls to get a Voter ID. Hence one need to apply for duplicate copy and obtain the same.
- If a consumer needs to submit or cancel his/her ration card for applying new one at the place where he/she got transferred.
Information which might help
- The eligible sections of the society are provided with food grains and other items at highly subsidized rates.
- In different state the Ration card is categorized as per classification fixed by government.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.