India - Register a Pesticide Business (Pesticide License)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for the Pesticide (Insecticide) License the applicant has to contact the Deputy Commissioners office.
- The applicant has to make sure they are eligible for the application by checking the eligibility criteria listed under the eligibility section of this page above.
- The applicants should have completed the training and should have obtained the appropriate license.
- Also, make sure you have all the required documents that are listed under the Required Documents section of this page.
- After validating the documents submitted the authorities would inspect the premises to make sure appropriate standards are being followed , if they are satisfied with the standards followed the business will be permitted.
Application can also be made online, please follow the information in the following document which will provide you information related : Steps for Online Application
- Identity proof.
- Two passport size photographs .
- A copy of the current certifications of registration of your company and/or trade names including addresses (or) the names of the persons running the business where there is no company name but trading name.
- List of products.
- Principle certificate issued by the dealer.
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
Pesticide applicant testing :
Gerry gerry.mires@TN.gov (Ph.no-6158375232)
Licence Insurance :
Pesticide issues :
Ricky Foster- ricky.foster@TN.gov (Ph.no- 6159375138)
Certification and licence
Mary Borthic -Mary.Borthi@TN.gov (Ph.no- 6158375310)
Robert Lawton robert.lawton@TN.gov (Ph.no 615375148
Following link provides you more contact information :More contact info
- Persons who desire to start the business should be above 18 years and must have at least a year of practical pesticide application experience as registered.
- A person trained by the NIPHM/CFTRI/NPPTI at Hyderabad/Mysore/Faridabad for 15days in fumigation and prophylaxis program.
- Any degree in the field of science may qualify in lieu of experience.
- A valid pest control license certificate. (You must be licensed by the Structural Pest Control Board (Board) as an Operator).
A bank demand draft ofRs. one hundred drawn in favour of state bank of India ,fairdhabad in favor of account s officer,directriote of plant protection, fairdhabad,Haryana.
- All pesticide licence expires in a year.
- Renewal applications will be mailed to the applicants before it gets expired.
- The licence fees and surcharge are due at the time of renewal.
Documents to Use
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTARY OF AGRICULTURE
(Department of Agriculture)
CERTIFICATE OF REGISTARTION OF INSECTICIDES
Certified that the insecticide ____________has been registered in the name of the person/ undertaking whose particulars are specified below:
Name of the person/ undertaking________________________________
Name of the insecticide_______________________________________
(Brand name or trade name or chemical name of the insecticide, details there of regarding its composition, etc.)
Condition if any.___________________________________________
New Delhi, the _____________2000
Seal of Department__________
Once the valid application is submitted it will take about 6 to 7 months for it to process.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
= required QUFELACTIONS 10+2 nOT SHOWING YOU TUBE VIDEOS
- Every application should be made in such a way that it contains all the particulars that may be prescribed.
- On receipt of an application for the grant of a licence, it can be granted on conditions in the form and on payment of a fee as prescribed.
- A licence would be valid for a specified period of time and should be renewed from time to time.
There are different types of licence available based on the type of business set up.
- License From Central Insecticides Board & Registration Committee :- You need to get a license from central insecticides board which will faciliate that the insecticides used is safe. The insecticides act 1968 is an act to regulate the import, manufacture, sale, transport, distribution and use of insecticides with a view to prevent risk to human beings or animals. Read more about this act and apply for license here.
- License To Manufacture Insecticides:- You are also going to manufacture insecticides, for that, you need a license granting permission to manufacture insecticised. Get the form here
- License To Sell, Stock and Distribute Insecticides:- Get the form and apply for this license here
- License For Use Of Restricted Insecticides For Commercial Operators:- Get the form and apply for license [ttp://ppqs.gov.in/sites/default/files/form_vi-a.pdf here].
Information required to complete the procedure varies with the type license, but in general be ready with the below mentioned general information.
- Full name and address, status of the applicant
- Category of business
- Address of the premises
- The common name and trade name, brand name of the insecticides which the applicant proposes to use.
- If the planning to import, then information are required
- Name and address of manufacturer
- Name and address of supplier
- Is it registered in the country
- In case of manufacture, details regarding chemical formulation
- Information on the insecticide storage condition
- Shelf life details
- Details regarding the toxicity of the product to human, plants, animals toxicological data to be enclosed (as per details specified by the Registration Committee).
- The plant disease, insects and other poisonous animals and weeds against which it is intended to be used. (published/authenticated reports on bioefficacy of the insecticide to be enclosed as per details specified by the registration committed.
- Instructions on storage and first aid including precautionary measures.
- If manufacturing the insecticide keep almost 8-10 copies of labels and leaflets, including all printed and graphic matter)
- Details regarding the fees deposited
- The application form including the verification portion must be signed in case of an individual, by the individual himself or a person duly authorized by him; in case of Hindu undivided family, by the karta; in case of a partnership firm, by the managing partner, in case of a company, by a person duly authorized in the behalf by the Board of Directors and in any other case, by a person incharge of or responsible for the conduct of the business.
- One Self addressed stamped envelope and one stamped envelope must be enclosed along with the application.
Need for the Document
Pest control businesses provide an important service in removing or eliminating potentially harmful insects, rodent and reptiles from commercial and residential properties. To start a pest control business, you must apply for a pest control license and pass an exam to demonstrate your ability to use chemicals and other means to exterminate vermin properly. A person who wants to produce, sell, stock, or distribute any insecticide are required to apply to the Central government of India (http://ppqs.gov.in/divisions/cib-rc/about-cibrc). One can obtain the license within a period of twelve months from the date of application.
Information which might help
Please visit the sites mentioned for details regarding form and procedures:
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.