India - Obtain an Electrician license
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Respective state applicant shall apply with their state licensing department board.
- Obtain the application form from the respective office.
- Submit the completed application along with required documents and fees.
- Applicant will get hall ticket to the address mentioned if the application is accepted.
- Applicant shall write the examination on the announced date.
- If applicant clears examination, then certificate of electrician will be issued.
- Application form (FORM A)
- Experience certificate in original with attested copies thereof.
- Birth certificate
- document to prove Education level
- Aadhaar Card
- For ITI candidate, attested photocopy of the ITI certificate
- Three recent passport size photograph
- Two recent Passport size photographs duly attested by the Gazetted officer or Magistrate or present employer or member of Parliament or MLA or Municipal Councillor.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Power
Room No. 415, 4th Floor,
Shram Shakti Bhawan,
Rafi Marg, New Delhi-110001.
Telephone No. 011-23717367
Fax No. 011-23717367
Contact link: link
- +2 pass or as per state government norms
- The candidates, those who have passed ITI from any recognised institute in the trade of Electrician/Wireman or
- The candidates who have completed three years apprenticeship course through Apprenticeship Advisor, in the trade of Lineman / Wireman / Electrician.
- A candidate must have attained the prescribed age limit as decided by respective state.
Please pay the fees as fixed by the respective state.
Validity of the certificate is upto 65 years of age.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The Certificate of Competency and Licences prescribed under rule 45 of the Indian Electricity Rules, 1956 shall be issued on the recommendation of the 'Board of Examiners' from different Government Departments.
- Full Name of the applicant
- Father's Name of the applicant
- Date of Birth
- Residential Address
- Educational Qualification
- Details of past and present experience.
Need for the Document
- A licensed electrician will be appointed for erection of electrical wiring.
- An electrician is a tradesperson specializing in electrical wiring of buildings.
- To do an electrical work in buildings one should get a licence to do the work.
Information which might help
Fee once paid shall not be refunded/ adjusted under at any circumstances to any candidate.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.