India - Obtain a Tribe Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
People belonging to the tribes enlisted in the notified orders of the President can apply for obtaining a Tribe Certificate.
- In order to apply for tribe certificate, applicant has to go to the respective block/ward/thasildhar/municipal/DC/SDO Offices.
- Application form can be obtained from the office while applicant visits. OR Applicant shall write an application on a A4 paper as advised. OR can download the application form using the online facility through their respective state’s online portal as appropriate.
- Submit the completed application form along with required documents to the respective authority.
- Authorities after checking the application and documents will make entries and provide you the record number for reference.
- This document and details will then reach Tahsildar/the concerned authority. He/she will ask his authorities to do investigation on the facts and do ground level verification for the details submitted.
- Authorities will make enquiry with the local elders/leaders about the applicant.
- A notice will be circulated in the applicants residing area to see if there is any objection for the application arises.
- After a month or so, if there is no objection against the applicant authorities will submit their report back to their supreme authorities.
- Based on the report submitted, Thasildar/concerned authority will decide to issue the tribe certificate.
- Certificate will be despatched or handed over directly as per the request made while applying by applicant. Mostly handover in office will be in practice to get counter signature from applicant for the delivered certificate.
- In some states applicant shall approach over the counter services like CSC centres/e-seva etc to apply.
- In some states applicant shall apply using the respective state department online portal.
- Application form
- Self declaration from the applicant.
- School leaving certificate if available
- Birth Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID (if available)
- Ration Card
- Certificate from Panchayat/Municipality
- BDO certificate
- Residence proof
- Family land document
- Family member’s caste certificates
- Recommendation from the local authority stating the applicants caste.
- All original and copy of original with self attestation as advised by respective authorities to be submitted as per requirement.
- Apart from the above documents authorities may ask to submit additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
MINISTRY OF TRIBAL AFFAIRSGOVERNMENT OF INDIA
Ground floor, 'D' wing, ShastriBhawan, New Delhi, Delhi 110001
Telephone Nos. : 011- 23073706
Fax : 011-26712574
E-mail :- email@example.com
Contact link: link
- Applicant must belong to tribe category
- Applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- Applicant should have completed age of 3 years to apply for community certificate.
- Note : Please check all eligibility criteria, check-list of documents required to apply for community certificate with your local office.
- Please pay as authorities quote while applying.
- For online, please pay as per prompt while processing.
- Usually Certificate is valid for entire life
- Valid for mentioned period of time on the certificate (counted from the date of issuance of certificate)
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people eg. links.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people.
- 60 days and above.
- To check the authenticity processing time varies.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of the Applicant
- Father/Husbands Name
- Sex (M/F)
- Residential Address
- Ration Card No (Copy to be enclosed)
- Date of application
Need for the Document
- Community Certificate is also known as caste certificate. Community certificate is a legal proof of community that the person to whom it is being issued belongs to reserved community like scheduled caste, scheduled tribe and other backward classes.
- Caste certificate is an important certificate to avail certain benefits provided by Government for the socially backward communities in education and employment opportunities for their betterment.
- Students especially require the caste certificates to secure their seat in institution
- This is valid for securing admission in all Educational Institutions and other professional institutions and also for employment.
Information which might help
- This certificate can be used for several years.
- An individual cannot change his / her caste once he/she issued the caste certificate. However, while converting into another religion, the class may change necessitating a new caste/community certificate.
- NOTE : It is a punishable offense to try with fraudulent documents to get a community certificate
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Obtain a Tribe Certificate: http://www.archive.india.gov.in/howdo/otherservice_details.php?service=8
Ministry of Tribal Affairs: http://www.archive.india.gov.in/outerwin.php?id=http://tribal.nic.in/
More information which might help people.