India - Obtain a Duplicate Voter Identification Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to the police and file an FIR informing them the loss of the voter card.
- Keep the copy of the FIR handy.
- Obtain the 002 form (for issuance of duplicate voter ID card) from your local election commission office or from your state election commissions website.
- Fill out the form and complete it.
- Attach the copy of the FIR.
- Attach a document that certifies your identification proof. This could be a copy of your passport, driving license, pan card, or ration card.
- Attach a document that certifies your place of residence or address. This could be a copy of your gas bill, electricity bill, telephone bill, and other utility bills.
- Submit the form along with the documents to your local Chief Election Commission office.
- A receipt will be given to you upon receiving the documents.
- Check the status of your duplicate voter ID from time to time to know when you would receive the voter ID card.
- Apply Online
- Visit the [: http://eci.nic.in/eci/eci.html Election Commission website].
- Access the 002 form.
- Download the form.
- Fill out the form.
- Submit the form along with the required documents to a local electoral registration office.
- 002 Form
- proof of identity documents
- proof of residence documents
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
- Election Commission of India
Ashoka Road, New Delhi-110001
Tel: 011-23717391 Fax: 011-23713412
- Election Commission Directories
Indians who are eligible to vote and have misplaced or lost their voter IDs.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Application form that can be used : Application Form
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Voters could obtain their duplicate voter IDs by getting respective forms from the nearest office of download the same from the net.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Following are the procedures on how to obtain a duplicate voter identification card in India. If the Voter ID gets lost, it must be replaced by a new one because the voter will not be able to cast vote without it.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Duplicate Voter ID Card: http://voteridcard.org.in/30/apply-duplicate-voter-id-card-election-card
More information which might help people.