India - Obtain Tax Clearance Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
When a taxpayer has cleared all his/her tax dues or is not liable for payment of tax a tax clearance certificate is issued by the tax authorities against applicants plea.
- Applicant shall go to the office of Tax Accessing officer.
- Obtain the form for tax clearance certificate or download using the following link Form 34 A.
- Submit the completed form along with required documents.
- Authority will check the submitted details. If all are in place, this application will be accepted and processed.
- Assessing officer will issue the tax clearance certificate on being satisfied that there are no arrears due.
- Applicant will get the declaration in Form 30 B from department as per notification and as per deliverable norms.
- Application form
- Copy of PAN card
- Copy of income tax return(s)
- Copy of withholding tax certificate issued by the employer
- An ‘affidavit’ stating relevant details like passport number/validity, bank details etc.
- Copy of passport and visa
- Certificate on employer’s letterhead stating the details of actual taxes deposited on behalf of such expatriate
- Copy of employment contract
- Copy of air ticket.
- Identity Proof
- Address Proof
- Form 16
- Aadhaar Card
- Please provide additional details or documents as authorities quote.
Office Locations & Contacts
Income Tax Department
North Block, Secretariat Building,
New Delhi -110002 .
Contact link: link
Individual who holds income derived from any source in India and comes under eac assessment
Fees or charges can be obtained from the tax accessing authority
Tax Clearance certificate is valid for a period of 1 month from the date of issue or valid for the period mentioned therein.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
As notified by the Tax accessing authority
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- An application is to be made in a prescribed form to the Income Tax Authority having jurisdiction for assessment of the assessee to grant a tax clearance certificate.
- This is to be exchanged for final tax clearance certificate from the foreign department of the Income Tax Department.
- Tax Clearance certificate is valid for a period of 1 month from the date of issue and is necessary to get a confirmed booking from an airline or travel agency and may be required to be produced before the customs authorities at the airport.
- Name of Applicant
- Applicant Address
- Purpose of requirement of TCC
- PAN Number
- Tax Number
Need for the Document
- Any Indian resident before leaving the territory of India is required to obtain a tax clearance certificate from an Income Tax authority stating that he does not have any outstanding tax liability in India.
- It is a supportive and essential document for satisfactory provision for payment of taxes due under the Income-tax Act by an applicant.
- Those who are travelling abroad will be asked for this document at the time of departure in Indian Airport.
Information which might help
A non-resident of India who has come to India for the purpose of employment/business/profession and who holds income derived from any source in India must obtain a tax clearance certificate before leaving the country. This certificate can be obtained through the employer/through whom such person is in receipt of the income.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
The purpose of tax clearance certificate is to ensure that taxes wherever applicable have been paid.
More information which might help people.