India - Obtain Halal Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Halal certification is an internationally recognized certificate for restaurants, pharma& cosmetic companies, catering services, hospitals & tourism companies.
- please select the council from the following…
Apply In-Person or through Mail (Post)
- In order to apply, requisition is to be made on official letterhead duly signed by the signatory.
- Organisations shall apply with required documents to the halal certification council either in person or through mail.
- Submitted application will be processed. Applicant gets intimation about the next set of action
- An auditing of premises and inspection will be performed by respective authorities.
- The audited report will be considered for grant of license.
- If the results are satisfactory, certificate will be issued.
- Halal Council may refuse a halal certification application if the client does not comply or fails to comply with the halal requirements.
- Requisition for certificate on letterhead.
- company registration details
- Copy of the manufacturing & Export license.(If you have in your hand)
- Copy of the License/Health certificate from local Panchayath Municipality.
- Pest control procedures.
- Production Flow Chart.
- Specimen of the products with original packing.
- Plant Diagram.
- Images of the company logo, packing & Manufacturing units in JPEG format.
- Other Documents like ISO, GMP, HACCP, KOSHER as available
- Lab Report
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
- Contact details of : HALALINDIA
- Contact details of : HALALCERTIFICATIONINDIA
- Contact details of : HALALCOUNCILOFINDIA
- Who wish to start Halal food restaurant / hotel in India can apply for Halal Certificate.
- The slaughter of the processed animal must be made following the Quran rules
- The product should not contain any form of pork meat (according to the dietary rules, the use of pork meat at any step of the preparation of halal food is forbidden)
- In most of the case, the use of alcohol (even as cleaning agent) is also problematic.
Please pay as quoted by the council
Validity of the Halal-Certificate is for one year except meat exports. Here, every shipment needs a Halal-Certificate .
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
15 days to 1 month
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You are requested to Register your company (Apply Online in website).
- Requisition is to be made on your official letterhead duly signed by the authority.
- Submit all the required documents.
- Company Name
- Applicant Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Registered office Address
Need for the Document
- Halal simply means permitted or lawful. So when we are talking about halal foods it means any foods that are allowed to be eaten according to Islamic Sharia law.
- This means that for any food to be considered halal it must comply with the religious ritual and observance of Sharia law.
Information which might help
Muslim consumers will have more confidence in buying such products without questioning their authenticity.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.